Lakair 2007

p.s.: I am still "concerned" about that "NEW MEAT" comment. I appeal to everyone who was there last year.................................HELP!!!!!

Dang Tom, I just figured out what they meant by new meat and I would be concerned too..........

Hello Everyone i am really excited to go it will be my first time but i dont have a pace to stay but i have a 18 foot with plenty of room. If anybody with a campsite is looking for a ride or partner i will be happy to offer a spot in exchange for a place to camp. Please drop me a line if interested thanks in advance Mike

Edited by bassmastermike

How could you question Roys sanity.........we all know he is insane.

I do believe that Glen and I might take a SHINE to good old Tom. Nothin better than a man with a shine hangover when he thought he only drank a pepsi. That stuff is clear as water and tasteless tom so you will never know when you have been spiked by the Southern Contingincy.

I aint sure whats going to be more fun Tom or the fishin. Anyone takin bets???

Art

How could you question Roys sanity.........we all know he is insane.

I do believe that Glen and I might take a SHINE to good old Tom. Nothin better than a man with a shine hangover when he thought he only drank a pepsi.

I aint sure whats going to be more fun Tom or the fishin. Anyone takin bets???

Art

WWHHOOAAHHH,....................UUMMMM..........ERRR...................................... HUH???????????

You(Art),........ AND Glen,............. might take a......... "SHINE"............. to me(shudder).

Whazzit yer tryin to say, n yer own werds???

well its just...... well.......... see.........ahhh.........we like to get Ca-nooks drunk and well then......uhhh..... watch them stumble around and crawl up the stairs and pass out on the floor. But we have been deprived of the real joy that happens and that is the next mornin when they wake up lookin like they had run thru a wringer and put away wet. The bonus is when they don't know that they are drunk because they had a beer or two and decided to switch to Pepsi because they did not want to get to messed up. Well thats were I come in because I will distract you while Glen pours a big old slug of liquid hangover into your can when you ain't seeing it and bang you are on the way to being our favorite comedian. Pretty sick huh??? or you will be.........

signed

Glen's Accomplice

Here we are ... just a shade over three weeks to go.

Gave good old Bass Pro a call tonite and ordered two auto/manual inflatable PFD's, the re-arming kits, and my bug suit. Of course, during this spending frenzy, I had to call Musky Tackle on-line to pick up a couple depth raiders and a couple 9" grandmas. Dang this hobby is getting expensive ... now to go tell the better half. Ha Ha ... she's great. Letting me come up a couple days earlier ... hope to get there on Sunday now.

Just read all these posts...

God, you guys make me nervous!.... a lot of funny talk going on....!!!

I am happy to report that, as the start of fishing here on May 19, the walleyes have been on a good bite and so the pike... some really nice chunky pike have been caught the last few days... some pike 30+" and thick all the way through.... only last evening a crew came in with four walleyes, lined up on the dock, all 25-inches+... that's an unusal event here as our fish are generally much smaller... and they're hitting on worms already... erie-dearies...

Just a note to help us out... when you arrive in camp.. please come up and register so we know who's all here (helps when the wife calls looking for the key to the car).....

Also: we have a 4-bdrm cottage, sitting empty, that can sleep up to eight. If anyone is interested in bunking in with new (OFC) friends... give me a call....

Please call ahead or email, if you are interested in evening meals to help us plan our food inventory...

Leslie and I are looking forward to seeing everyone once again (and it sounds like there'll be a few new faces too)............

its going to be fun!

the capt

Dont be nervous Keven,you already know most of us and we aint hurt no one yet.Glad the fish are biting hope the bugs ain't.You know how to get in touch with us if you need anything else from the south.Might have a line on a used pump for a back up.

Joe

I'd been avoiding this thread since I knew that I would be frustrated, but couldn't resist any longer while watching the post count start to accelerate as the day approaches.

Tjsa, the rednecks and coonasses are great folks to fish with, and to share a refreshing, sparkling beverage, too.

Dawg's gramma's medicine is a caution, however.

I'd been avoiding this thread since I knew that I would be frustrated, but couldn't resist any longer while watching the post count start to accelerate as the day approaches.

I hear ya douG, I've been missing this trip ever since I knew it existed as it falls on my wife's birthday, we should get a petition going to move it earlier or later by 1 weekend. :P

I keep harassing her to spend her birthday there but she says 'it's just a bunch of old men going fishing and drinking'

I respond with...'and your point...?' :lol:;)

Oh and Capt...I'll see you the weekend of Sept 22/23 :)

Tony

Edited by tonyb

So Im thinking maybe just a brain fart but anyway is it possible to have a shot gun start for the pike tourney this year at Lakair it would make for some cool photos I think

Just a thought

Peter

Im starting to vibrate