Coarse Fish

bassmaster4

Coarse Fish  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which type of coarse fish is your favorite to fish for?

• Carp
    • Cat fish (any kind)
    • Sucker
    • Sheepshead
    • other (dont know if i missed any)

Thats the one i wanted too... add in "too gross to fish for so I cut the line when I hook one" to the pole :)

are you kidding theyre great fish not to eat obviously but the fights are good and tehy look nice in pictures because theyre usually pretty big

well, I voted sheepshead only because I tipically fish for them while bass fishing....and bass are my favourite sportfish......

I prefer the fight of a carp, but I have to be in the right mood for carp fishing....a lazy mood.... I'm more of a hunter than a sit and wait kind of fisherman...

But in early spring, before the carp and sheepies move in, I have NO problem goin after suckers!

Cheers,

UF

Carp but all are fun to catch! Carp are very underated in north america, Bass is my favorite fish to catch but most but these fish are fun to hook into! I will take the fight of a 30lb carp anyday! These are the fish I grew up fishing and it is what got me hooked and for many shore anglers a great way to get hooked on fishing!

Thats the one i wanted too... add in "too gross to fish for so I cut the line when I hook one" to the pole :)

Lemme guess... you complete puzzles in your spare time and listen to Bob Denver? Sheesh!

Keep away from those icky carp!

I prefer the fight of a carp, but I have to be in the right mood for carp fishing....a lazy mood.... I'm more of a hunter than a sit and wait kind of fisherman...

You gotta try your hand at fly fishing for them on shallow flats. It's the closest thing I can think of to fishing for bonefish or permit down in the tropics. Stalking them is another technique that's more akin to hunting - break out the camo. Carp fishing is far more dynamic than most people think.

Lemme guess... you complete puzzles in your spare time and listen to Bob Denver? Sheesh!

Keep away from those icky carp!

bahahaha...owned! :clapping:

i voted catfish. might be damn ugly, but they taste great.

carp put up one hell of a fight

You gotta try your hand at fly fishing for them on shallow flats. It's the closest thing I can think of to fishing for bonefish or permit down in the tropics. Stalking them is another technique that's more akin to hunting - break out the camo. Carp fishing is far more dynamic than most people think.

It's funny you mentioned that MJL - I met a guy who was doing just that at the mouth of the creek where I normally carp fish! He was using some sort of flies and actually hooked into one while I was there...one heck of a fight on fly gear! I might have to try it someday, but without my dog....whenever I wade out into the water, beyond his reach he howls and barks non-stop until I get back to shore! drives me crazy!

Good Fishin!

To the people that don't like these fish, especially carp. I have one thing to say, hook in to a 30+Lb sucker mouth, ugly looking, stinky, beady eyed, freight train, then we'll talk.

JMHO

Anyways I obviously voted carp.

Also vey good poll and topic. :clapping:

Daniel

Although I'll take carp over ALL other fish, a good sized sheepshead can give you a good scrap, as can the larger channel cats. I've found the carp in the 12 to 20 pound range put up the best fight, I've caught a few over 30, they make a few half-hearted runs of maybe 50+', and in they come. I've burned my thumb using it for a brake on my spool trying to slow 15 pounders down! But, for $100.00+ you can get a rod, reel, line and some hooks, swivels and egg sinkers, drop by any grocery store and pick up a can of corn, drive to almost ANY larger body of water (or connecting trib) and start catching carp . . . anywhere from 5 to 40+ pounds! Or you can spend a small fortune on all the lastest carp gizmos . . . . . and have about the same chance! Whistling salmon I call 'em! (Play it right, ya might even catch a swan!)