Wolseley Bay French River

LefroyFisherman

Was just curious how many of us on this forum are going up too the French River this weekend, the wife and I are going up tomorrow til Monday for some camping and muskie! I'll be in a 16' Sylvan if anyone see's me. Going to be a little cold but that's alright. Geez, just checked the weather and it's going to be 11 with the 5 degree windchill on Sunday. Lovely.

Edited by LefroyFisherman

How do you find the Lodge owner?

Harold and Ingrid have always been accommodating for us. I'd have no complaints. There have been times where Harold is busy or something else on his mind that folks may get brushed aside. We don't go to the lodge much. Most contact after we check in - is in passing. We're not the only ones in camp, so I can understand that. They have been trying do upgrade the camp and cabins, a little each year. Some cabins have been completely remodeled and really look nice inside. Did not get up last year, so I'lll be curious if they did anything to the cabin we are in.

We'll be checking into Wolseley Lodge Saturday late afternoon and staying a week. We're in a blue Tracker with two dogs. Hope the big girls are a wee bit hungry.

Hope that you and the girls have a great time. Will be up there in October so leave one or two big girls will ya, you seem to have them dialed in over the past couple of years.

I'm up at Crane's now. I have green on white Alumucraft with 60 Yam tiller....wave if you see me.

Been up since Monday.....first several days warm and calm....not good for casting for muskie. Spent a lot of time on bass....excellent this year! One woman in camp has hooked large muskies twice this week drifting worms....lost both, but both were at boat side at least twice so they got real good looks.

I raised a large muskie on a topwater after dinner Wednesday.....it created a large wake right up to the boat....I did figure 8, but it did not hit. Why do the fish gods do this to you?

Rainy and windy today....staying until rain quite....I can take rain or wind, but as a near senior citizen, not both. A nap will do just fine.

Good luck to those coming up.

The wife and I just got back from there, we cut our trip short. Friday rained hard all day, Saturday much of the same. I was shunked and she caught 2 very small Pike. Not a Muskie to be seen. Wonder if the cold front turned them off. Good Luck Rich.

Glad you made it back home. Although we met out on the water, I was looking for you guys coming in last evening. Saw your boat was not at the dock when we got back, thought you may still be out. Not a fish tone seen by us on Saturday evening and nothing yesterday either. May take a couple days for things to settle down. Heard one was caught near the North Channel, but no details on size, nor if it was someone in camp. Heading out soon, waiting for the fog to lift a bit.

The wife and I just got back from there, we cut our trip short. Friday rained hard all day, Saturday much of the same. I was shunked and she caught 2 very small Pike. Not a Muskie to be seen. Wonder if the cold front turned them off. Good Luck Rich.

Glad you made it back home. Although we met out on the water, I was looking for you guys coming in last evening. Saw your boat was not at the dock when we got back, thought you may still be out. Not a fish to be seen by us on Saturday evening and nothing yesterday either. May take a couple days for things to settle down. Heard one was caught near the North Channel, but no details on size, nor if it was someone in camp. Heading out soon, waiting for the fog to lift a bit.

Edited by Rich Clemens