three days left til tough mudder

jedimaster

Well its been a summer of fishing in pain for me. I have been training pretty hard for the 2012 tough mudder. 18km obstacle course at mount st.louis moonstone. I have lost some fat and gained some muscle. My team mates have lost a good chunk of weight. In all I think we are down about 60 pounds between three of us in 2 months of training. I have worked up myself to be able to run pretty much full tilt for about 3km's. I have been alternating biking and running to work.. 16kms round trip.

Pretty excited to get this under way... Is anyone else going in or have been in?

If you haven't seen or heard of it here is the promo video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5HdPM_QuE

My bro in-law is running it.

He went up to Mount st louis last weekend to check out part of the coarse.

Good luck man! Looks like it's going to be a real test of....well... Everything :w00t:

I'd be there in my lawn chair watching, but I've got to test my endurance at an open bar wedding. :whistling:

At first I thought the topic was about a newfie's mother. :dunno:

Good luck in the race!

haha

our team name is R U My Mudder

We are starting at 8am... what time are you starting at? Should be good can hardly wait. I looked at the registration sheet, looks like about 16k people starting on Saturday people leaving in groups every 15 minutes. Its going to be a freakin madhouse.

So lets run the math here... about 10,000 people on course at a time... spread out over 11 miles...hmmm

That's 910 people per mile... 1760 yards per mile... That's one person every 1.9 yards per person... Gonna be a packed course.

Knock yourself out!! It is a Tough Mudder!! My neighbours are doing it and have been training for the past few months. Along with my wife they did the Warrior Dash last month, it is just a small warmup compared to this thing. Good luck!!

Knock yourself out!! It is a Tough Mudder!! My neighbours are doing it and have been training for the past few months. Along with my wife they did the Warrior Dash last month, it is just a small warmup compared to this thing. Good luck!!

Yah I know a few people that have done warrior dash and spartan, and no offense to them but... well no comment... I think as long as our team escapes injury, the lungs and muscles should hold up for the duration. Good luck to those that are going in an know people going in.

These sorts of events are popping up all over the place now. There are dozens of them.

Spartan Race

http://www.spartanrace.com/#.

Death Race

http://www.youmaydie.com/

Good luck in this one. A friend of mine did the Death Race last year in Vermont and finished, which is an accomplishment. It's not just physical, but mental as well, like you have to carry a tree stump around with you for hours, while doing other physical challenges, then run to the top of a mountain while still carrying the stump, and answer questions on US presidents. If you get one wrong, you have to go back down the mountain to a checkpoint then come back up and answer another set. Another one was at some point you get a card showing an assembled lego piece. After 24 hours of other physical pain and agony, you have to assemble the lego from the parts they give you, from memory, from seeing the card brieflty 24 hours ago. If you get it wrong, you get sent back. Kinda crazy. Not sure I see the point.

Forgot to mention - GOOD LUCK!

Edited by vtbass

Thanks guys, I'll try and get some pics and post a report back... if I can still type after the race that is... Good luck to the others going in. :stretcher:

Good luck Jedi. My nephew is running as well. Sorry I'm not young enough to be that nuts!! All for a good cause. Stay healthy. Oh, the fridge works awsome, thanks!! Jimthumbsup_anim.gif