Year End Report - My Best Moments - Enjoy!

Leecher

I know... I know... your going to say... what the hell dude :dunno: giving up already :blink: this, the best time for fishing :rolleyes: For me, mid August is a time to get ready for hunting and nothing can get me more pump up :) My time along the water's edge has expired for a short time :whistling: Not that I really want to, but other things must get done before the fall hunt :)

So I thought this would be a good opportunity to share my best moments with you all :)

Enjoy!!!

TJunkie

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid732.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fww321%2Fleechman1%2FSoftwater%2520Season%25202012%2FTroutJunkies2011-2012Season.mp4">

Sorry for the error on the above vid... ran out of bandwidth on my PhotoBucket account :wallbash: but here's another one :)

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="https://www.facebook.com/v/347769808639073"></param><embed'>https://www.facebook.com/v/347769808639073"></param><embed src="https://www.facebook.com/v/347769808639073" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1" width="640" height="480"></embed></object>

Edited by TroutJunkie

Quebec.

Great report Jacques!!:clapping: Busy busy busy !!!!

I just looked at the Quebec regs. Very interseting how different it is compared to here (up to 10 ice lines in some zones, brookies are properly classified as char and have a limit of 10 in the zones I checked, spouse/children using your license, etc). Interesting stuff, I had no idea. Quebec is actually closer to me than many of the lakes I frequent (need to drive a few hours to get to a sane zone with no brookie size limit, for example).

Anyhow, didn't mean to derail the thread or anything. Back to the awesome video: I think it has inspired me - this winter I'll be trying for rainbows through the ice more than the twice I tried (unsuccessfully) this past season.

awesome report Jacque :clapping: , now I'm really drooling for some trout.

Have great and safe hunting season.... :canadian:

Thanks gino!!!

Nice vid report - loved them trouts. Now you got me pumped for the fall trout.

Thanks letsgofishing!!! Good luck with your trout hunt this fall :thumbsup_anim:

awesome video jacques good hunting

Thanks Doug!!!

Quebec.

Great report Jacques!!:clapping: Busy busy busy !!!!

Thanks Paul!!!

Excellent video Jaques :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Joey!!!

Nice fish. Out of curiosity/ignorance, where are you allowed 4 lines in at once?

I just looked at the Quebec regs. Very interseting how different it is compared to here (up to 10 ice lines in some zones, brookies are properly classified as char and have a limit of 10 in the zones I checked, spouse/children using your license, etc). Interesting stuff, I had no idea. Quebec is actually closer to me than many of the lakes I frequent (need to drive a few hours to get to a sane zone with no brookie size limit, for example).

Anyhow, didn't mean to derail the thread or anything. Back to the awesome video: I think it has inspired me - this winter I'll be trying for rainbows through the ice more than the twice I tried (unsuccessfully) this past season.

Thanks Dana!!! Yes, up here in Québec we are allowed 5 lines during hard water season, some areas down towards Montreal (not all), are allowed 10 but no live bait (minnows) allowed... only frozen ones :( Only other bait allowed are leeches & dew worms.

Referring to my video, where I was explaining my setup and was abruptedbly (spelling here :unsure:) interrupted by a strike, -18C was the temp at the time... I was basically cleaning the ice buildup in the holes every minute or so :o Most of the trout lakes I fish up here are stocked & accessible... the ones that are not as easily accessible (back lakes deep in the bush) are not and holds some true monsters :) Wish I had an ATV and a small tinny to get to them <_<

Rainbows are fun to catch and put up a great fight B) especially on a 24" jigging rod :) The ones you see in the vid are my very first ones I caught... was my first attempt at them but not my last :D One out of 5 times trying was successful for me so don't dispare and keep trying for them :Gonefishing:

Good luck on your rainbow quest this winter and thanks again for your kind words!!!

Tight lines

Jacques

Crazy Jacques!!! You can't put hunting before fishing. lol.

Lotsa trout while out and about... Cool vid!

Enjoy the fall.

Thanks Drew!!! I know, it's the dilemma I go through every year :wallbash:

Great video, you should still put some time in for some fall fish ;) haha happy hunting

Thanks shasta!!! Will see :unsure:

Great Vid Jacques - took me this long to get my old laptop to download the whole thinghuh.gif A great selection of shots. 10 lines!!??? Wow. Awesome place to get some winter fishing in.

(still to early to put away the rod though bud )

Now I understand why you changed your name to Troutjunkie. Well done on the season.

Thanks msp!!!

Thanks for sharing Tjunkie ! I really enjoyed that!thumbsup_anim.gif

Thanks Manitou!!! My pleasure :)

Loved the video Jacques. You and I think alike when it comes to the outdoors. :thumbsup_anim:

Glad you loved it Dan :thumbsup_anim: Thanks!!!

Great Vid Jacques - took me this long to get my old laptop to download the whole thinghuh.gif A great selection of shots. 10 lines!!??? Wow. Awesome place to get some winter fishing in.

(still to early to put away the rod though bud )

Thanks Rick!!! Yeah I know, it's a big file (around 100MB :blink: ) It sure is a great place for fishing B)

Sorry folks for the bandwidth limit :wallbash: have no control over this :blush: Good news is, have another link from my FB account... not sure how this is going to work :dunno: but here it is B)

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="https://www.facebook.com/v/347769808639073"></param><embed'>https://www.facebook.com/v/347769808639073"></param><embed src="https://www.facebook.com/v/347769808639073" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1" width="640" height="480"></embed></object>

Edited by TroutJunkie

Enjoyed the Vid Jacques!!

Good fishing for sure. I can relate to the hunt vs fishing dilemma, although I usually make it out for Sept-Oct smallmouth a few times. Once mid October arrives, hunting rules the free time. Then, ice fishing again!! Soon!! :thumbsup_anim:

Great video Jacques but far too early for a year end report. It's times like this I'm glad I don't hunt, it would drive me crazy!!:tease: Fishing, no hunting....Hunting....no fishing. lol!

Thanks Will!!! :lol: Yeah decisions, decisions :lol:

Enjoyed the Vid Jacques!!

Good fishing for sure. I can relate to the hunt vs fishing dilemma, although I usually make it out for Sept-Oct smallmouth a few times. Once mid October arrives, hunting rules the free time. Then, ice fishing again!! Soon!! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Out4trout!!! Glad you enjoyed it B) So true, once hunting is done... Ice is up :)