Algoma Country Walleye

solopaddler

Great report Mike. Love the pics from the top of the mountain. Looks like a lot of big walleye in that lake. The blue/green colour in their fins makes them look tropical. Whats a guy gotta do to get in on a trip like that?

So glad you've all enjoyed, thanks for the kind words,

Cheers, Mike

Mike has inspired me with posts like this, and, I have contacted Martin to make special moments like this finally happen.

Thanks, again, Mike for your great journeys...and for always answering my questions quickly and courteously!

Some kind words Frank. It's my pleasure helping you plan your adventure.

With that small cabin, I wonder what it would be like if it rained all week? Lol.

One word. Nightmarish LOL!

Wow! Another great report by Mikey! Excellent photos and writing.

I had the privelege of fishing and canoeing in Quetico for three weeks with Dan and Mike back in the mid-90's. Try as I could, it was impossible to out-fish Mike. Dan says, and quite truthfully, "Mike can catch fish in a toilet."

I have this crazy image in my mind of Dan standing on a rock in Cutty Lake and fishing in a particular set of clothing that Mike found a bit annoying. Ahem. Great times! In Cutty Lake, I played a 46" pike about 24 lbs for fifteen minutes or longer on 6lb test, only to have it spit the hook at the last second. Mike said, "Don't worry," picked up his paddle, pushed the canoe towards the fish which was lying on the surface, and casually reached in and grabbed that massive pike bare-handed, pulling him into the boat and landing him for me! The most amazing fish story ever, and it's even true! It was my biggest pike up to that time.

Anyway, Mikey - just wrote you an email. Write me or phone when you get a chance, eh? Can't believe you old pharts don't really look any older than back in Quetico. Which just goes to prove actuarily that every day you spend fishing adds one day to your life.

Cheers, eh?

Pete

Holy cow Pete! Nice to see you're still alive, and yes, that big pike on Cutty was pretty memorable.

We'll talk soon.

Whats a guy gotta do to get in on a trip like that?

We're going to have to talk!

Mike, you are creating memories that will only get sweeter as time passes. A week spent with one of your children in that unspoiled paradise is more precious than gold.

Thanks to you, Riley, Dan and "The Rifleman" for taking us along for the ride. :)

You must be getting pretty stoked yourself. It's coming up soon isn't it?

Thank's once again gents, glad you enjoyed.

Thanks for bringing me dad!thumbsup_anim.gif

Next year we're going canoeing in Quetico Park right?Gonefishing.gif

Great idea honey!

Something to look forward to then, a canoe trip to Quetico.

(I had no idea Riley posted this :) )

Edited by Mike Borger

Thanks for sharing your trip with us Mike , it sure looks like a great time. Those pictures on top of the mountain are spectacular , what a veiw you guys had , the first thing I thought about on the view down to the lake was looking for some "walleye shoals" that you would not be able to see from the boat and getting back down there and fishing them :thumbsup_anim:

Too many great photos and thoughts to speak of with this one Mike. A truly great and appreciated time for all involved.

Pics and vids... stellar as always. Report... A+ dooood! All my girls have been away nearly 6 weeks now... this little diddy of yours pulls at papa's heart strings.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Mike

Your daughter has the "adventure" Bug!! Good for Her.

She will keep you busy LOL

Rick

When we were in Ribes a group of youngsters paddled through in the midst of a long canoe trip enroute to Little Missinaibi lake.

Riley was intrigued at the time and had a million questions.

I mentioned maybe bringing her to Quetico park next year, but she didn't say much at the time.

Guess something made an impression on her. :)

another great report Solo., looks like walleye city in there

I agree about Martin and Parks Fly-in, awesome fishing and the cheapest prices, the drive is easier and prettier than Nakina. I just got back from Cam Lake/ Little Missinaibi with Parks, we had a great week, I'll post a report when I get a chance