2012 Tracker Targa or Pro Guide V-175

Hooked

I currently have the 2010 pro guide v175. So far, I've had no issues or

Problems with it. This is my 3rd tracker and never had a problem with the boat itself. The only problem I,ve had us with the trailer tires. The ones that came with it, had unusual wear problems - not due to over/under inflation. Took a lot of phone calls and e-mails for tracker to finically admit a mfg defect and replace the tires. The side guides are pretty cheap and I may look to get something better. I looked at the new Targas 18' , but was really disappointed in the front casting deck. Too me, it is way too small. So far, I am satisfied with the boat. Also upgraded to. A 4-stroke merc. I've heard of others having structural problems with trackers - so far, I have not.

Edited by Rich Clemens

im one of those people the hull is only covered for 5 years now because of all the problems they have had! our sentre seam gave so it had to be welded from front to back from the inside!!!!

If your a good brother you would inform him of all the issues to protect his $$$

im one of those people the hull is only covered for 5 years now because of all the problems they have had! our sentre seam gave so it had to be welded from front to back from the inside!!!!

If your a good brother you would inform him of all the issues to protect his $$$

Haha, that's what I have been doing. He has a bigger headache now, but he is steering clear of the trackers and onto more searching. Could of possibly saved him bigger headhaches though. Thanks everybody for your replies.

Legend tends to give the impression that they have a "great" deal for you. Selling you a boat 18' with a 40 hp. Looks like a great deal and is cheaper than anything around because of the low HP on the motor. Change that 40 to a 90 and now you have the same pricing structure as higher end boats. I did hear that Legend upped the HP because of so much pushback by customers.So in lieu of the 40HP they give you a 60.

My dad, brother (bassassin) and I own a Fisher (made by Tracker) and we had a few problems with them. As my brother said the centreline weld cracked, we discuoved the crack 3 months after the warranty expired. The service we got from Tracker and BPS was horrible. Its to the point I won't spend another penny at BPS. I did research through this and discovered that Tracker/Fisher are known for having problems with their welds, to the point where they are commonly referred to Crackers.

While installing downriggers I noticed that some of the screws missed supporting beams, the wiring harnesses are a cluster %uck, even how they install their radios is done half ass. I wouldn't buy another one.

Tell your brother to do a Google search on Tracker cracked hull or Fisher cracked hull, there will be some interesting stories about Tracker's service and common problems.

Also tell your brother to look for a boat with a thick hull and quality "wood free" floor. I don't think I would be another welded hull. When a Rivet breaks, its just a matter of drill the rivit out and installing another rivit, as opposed to an expensive re-weld.

My post goes against the grain and perhaps we have just been lucky thus far but..

We have an 18.5 foot tracker targa-anniversary edition-no hull or major problem thus far

A few things though-things like cup holders, rod storage etc were cheaply made-they fell out etc-not if you'd have the same issues with a Lund etc

Customer service at BPS service (where we bought the boat) was bad- enough that my Dad lost the "heed" as we Scots would say and we have never been back.

Boat does however run amazing and is a smooth ride even in rough water

Cheers

G

Edited by gordy28

Well the only good thing is if he goes with the Targa, he won't have to deal with BPS or Tracker directly, but the place where he may buy it from. I think my brother just picked a bad time to buy a boat, pickings are slim.

I provided him with a lot of info, thanks in large parts to you folks, and he can make the decision himself. What ever he goes for I hope it works out for him. Thanks for info everybody.