Some Fishermen are a Disgrace

nroadrunner

Went down to the Dam this evening to teach my 8 year old how to cast with a spinning reel and also to cool down a little. A couple were already fishing our favorite spot so we moved 100 yards or so down shore and fished there. The other couple were having some success no monsters but catching fish. They left 20 minutes after we arrived and we decided to move up to where they were fishing.

It looked to me that they were keeping some fish which i have no problem with even if the biggest looked to be about 11 inches or so. Upon arriving at the spot they were fishing I found out that they were indeed keeping the fish. Problem was they were keeping them out of the water to die not to take home and eat as this is what they left behind.

fish033.jpg

There were at least 4 other fish 3 smallmouth 1 rock bass also left on shore to rot. People like this piss me off. Why bother fishing? These are the fish keep our fishery healthy. The couple looked to be between 50 and 65 years old so I can't even blame it on immaturity due to age. My 8 year old was really ticked off at this he kept asking me why they would do it, and I had no logical answer for him that didn't involve swear words.

Well that's my rant thanks for letting me vent

Ian

They were probably fishing for walleye and were annoyed by all the dink bass that they were catching.w00t.gif Bass are what you catch by accident while fishing for every other species.whistling.gif

I know............Joking right?mellow.gif

No fish should be left to rot on the bank like that.Not even walleyesarcasm.gif I bet they didnt even have a license to fish.

Yup, no logic at all. The same as this morning when a couple guys wanted to bonk a 12lbs pike even though they don't even like eating fish. I also got chastized for quickly releasing a big fish instead of waiting for a camera. In the end, I managed to educate a few guys on how to catch and care for fish.

I am a BASS fisherman and PROUD of it......:thumbsup_anim:

People who destroy natural resources like this are a disgrace to all fisherman and should be jailed. However sadly people like this are to stupid to even try to talk to. You just can't fix stupid :wallbash:

They were probably fishing for walleye and were annoyed by all the dink bass that they were catching.w00t.gif Bass are what you catch by accident while fishing for every other species.whistling.gif

Edited by UglyBug

I hate to say it, but a HUGE number of fishermen are complete and absolute morons who shouldn't be allowed to leave the house.

Took a walk along Bronte Pier last night with the wife. Lots of people out, including about four guys fishing. We walked to the end, and they were gone when we returned. The amount of garbage and crap these four idiots left behind (on the pier and in the water) was just disgusting. The rest of the pier was fine - totally clean. The area where the clowns were fishing was a disaster. I wasn't the only one who was disgusted.

And we wonder why we see more "no fishing" signs every year.

Yeah this is about as blatant as it gets-----at least if they had taken them you'd think they would be ate????

But not a new phenomenon

Ive spent many years on the water and in the bush------Too many times I talked to hunters who took that shot they should'nt have on a deer or moose-----walked up---did'nt see immediate obvious blood-----Instantly assumed they missed---give up and head back to their truck

Only to find out later they did indeed hit the animal and it died later.---guess the wolves ate?

Another time I'm watching a weigh in at a local bass tourney------now one competitor brings in a limit of largies with 2 dead ones (l'il bigger than op's pic)---so to soften the look----the judge says---ok team #x---has a limit but 2 are sleeping

I overheard one of the team members say they'd get rid of them on the road home-----wether they did....?????

Now this is just 2 examples but every once in a while most of us run across this scene if we spend enough time out there

Now you may or may not be able to fix stupid-----but sometimes you'd wish you could add electrodes to these individuals and give em a jolt when they did this till they learned respect

Out on Lake Ontario yesterday my friend and I seen a boat throw to good sized salmon over that were dead and stiff which they obviously had in the boat for a bit. We couldn't see there numbers on the boat and we had all of our rods down and they took off right after.

I think another boat seen and followed them though. Hope they report it to the mnr.