Travelling Vietnam Wall

Billy Bob

For those who have never been to Washington, DC to see the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the wall will be here July 18th to the 22nd.....it's a very moving experience....it host over 58,000 names of young boys that gave the ultimate sacrifice for their country.........it's only about a 35 minute ride from the Peace Bridge where they will be setting it up...

See here.....

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/southern-erie/article938117.ece

58,000+ kids who never got to come home. and only the good lord knows how many on the other side - including civilians. not sure anything could be worth that price. I guess mankind has a history of this kind of thing. I don't like to be a pessimist but we "all can't get along" can we ?

58,000+ kids who never got to come home. and only the good lord knows how many on the other side - including civilians. not sure anything could be worth that price. I guess mankind has a history of this kind of thing. I don't like to be a pessimist but we "all can't get along" can we ?

I guess you never heard of WWII

I guess you never heard of WWII

I'm no historian, but from what I can gather there was a big difference between WWII and what occurred in Vietnam. I have all the respect in the world for the fine men and women who served in WWI and II (and Korea, Vietnam, Irag, etc etc etc) and I thank the good Lord for everyone of them ! With that said, it makes me sad to think what horror people can inflict on each other.

And I think the memorial to the Vietnam vets is a fantastic tribute to their sacrifice.

Edited by Rob V

SAD. i have family on that wall. remember the ph.calls and telegrams..sadly leadership aka goverments make monies and dont care .dont get me wrong i have family and close friends that have served,fought and died. the wall is a great memorial but how many war dead have to be honored for the wills of corporations to fatten bank accounts

This wall is to memorialize the people who did not return from war. It is not to answer the question of was it right or wrong politically. If you have an issue with the politics keep them for another day if you support or are part of the military be thankful you have the chance to see this great tribute and are alive and free to do so.

Art

This wall is to memorialize the people who did not return from war. It is not to answer the question of was it right or wrong politically. If you have an issue with the politics keep them for another day if you support or are part of the military be thankful you have the chance to see this great tribute and are alive and free to do so.

Art

Thanks Art, this thread needed that.

Bob thanks for posting.

sorry if i ruffled feathers. but polictics do go with whats happened.

NO.......I agree 100% with Art......this is a MEMORIAL for those who made the ultimate sacrifice.....let's PLEASE honor at that.

The part with over 800 motorcycles sounds very impressive to me....we are thinking about going to this parade.

Exactly as stated above..........this thread was about the memory of thousands of BOYS, who walked into a living hell and never got to come home. I can gaurantee you none of them preferred to spend their adolescent years this way.

Honor them in the mere mention of this memorial.

Otherwise.....take it elsewhere!!!!!!!!!!

Art

Agree 100% , my nephew is a US marine (Staff Seargeant) with three tours of duty in Iraq, he is home now, and my father is World War II vet, he is 89 and I am very proud of them both ... nothing greater than to serve for your Country .. IMO

:wallbash: Shame really.

I take that personally......I guess you never served in the military or don't come from a military family.

Don't know why you think that Billy or why you said that. I feel it is also a shame and has nothing to do with being military or a military family. It is a shame all those lives were forfitted and for what? A war that is said couldn't be won? And wasn't won. It is a shame so many have left us. The wall itself is not a shame, the lives lost are the shame. I feel for for those who have fought and were lucky to return and I also feel deeply for those families who had friends and relatives that did not make it home. May all of the lost souls rest in peace and the survivors nightmares end.

Edited...

Edited by pikehunter

Don't know why you think that Billy or why you said that. I feel it is also a shame and has nothing to do with being military or a military family. It is a shame all those lives were forfitted and for what? A war that is said couldn't be won? And wasn't won. It is a shame so many have left us. The wall itself is not a shame, the lives lost are the shame. I feel for for those who have fought and were lucky to return and I also feel deeply for those families who had friends and relatives that did not make it home. May all of the lost souls rest in peace and the survivors nightmares end.

Edited...

I believe thats the perfect translation for some of the earlier comments

sorry if i ruffled feathers. but polictics do go with whats happened.

Do you think they had a say in what happen and went to the war knowingly that they are fooled by the civilian political leadership for share politics?

Blame politicians all you want, but man in uniform who fought and paid the biggest scarifies deserve utter most respect.

Edited by Dusky

Do you think they had a say in what happen and went to the war knowingly that they are fooled by the civilian political leadership for share politics?

Blame politicians all you want, but man in uniform who fought and paid the biggest scarifies deserve utter most respect.

Something about US draft you don't understand, they didn't have much of a choice.

As for this thread, it does have a political nexus and as thus should have been shut down from the start. Sorry, but it's not a memorial from this country either.