Quality Spinnerbaits

Hi guys. Was fishing on the weekend and realized my spinnerbait selection is in sad shape. Tied on a Boyou bait and lost a nice fish because my spinnerbait broke in half. First time that has ever happened, the wire broke on the business end. Also the skirts on a few brand new out of the package Strike King spinnerbaits came off on the first fish. I guess the small elastic bands broke. What is with this at 7 bucks a piece and they fall apart after one fish. Were talking smallies here and not pike. So I was wondering if anyone on here makes quality spinnerbaits and would like to sell some. If anyone is interested let me know and maybe we can do some business. Im tired of buying junk and figure I will try the custom bait route and see how that goes.Thanks

Try luremaking.com. you can buy pre-poured heads and then paint them and put whatever skirts on them you see fit. You can buy all the other accessories like blades, beads, clevices, swivels, etc. for relatively cheap and the quality is good. If you are looking to re-build your aresnal of spinnerbaits, this route will be much cheaper, and you know the quality because you made them! It also is a cool feeling when you catch a fish on something you made.

The people at luremaking.com are also great to deal with. I've bought 4 rounds of stuff from them now and they ship it same day in most cases, but it arrives within 2 days typically.

Good luck

I'd like to find some short armed heavier spinner baits (3/4 to 1oz) for smallies. Anyone know where I could pick up a few of these?

Strike King Bottom Dweller has been great! Honestly though, 3/4 to 1oz spinners are ok to use once you're fishing about 10FOW.

As for good spinnerbaits, the KoManChi one is decent, looks great in the water and caught me a few fish. Only problem is that it used to be a double willow until a pike destroyed the secondary blade. The bait still works, and I still throw it once in a while.

If not, I also liked the old terminator T1's with a single colorado blade.

If you're not looking to drop a ton of coin for spinnerbaits, I guess almost all of the strike king spinnerbaits are decent.

For bass I would also sugges cl fishin Carl is a member here. If you want a good flshsabou pike size ones I make them about 2oz they are built with the same heavy stainless steel as all my baits are so you will be safe for musky that's what we use them here for on LSC.

Strike King Bottom Dweller has been great! Honestly though, 3/4 to 1oz spinners are ok to use once you're fishing about 10FOW.

That's exactly what I was fishing this weekend. Breaks from 8-10ft down to 14-20ft.. In order to get the baits down on the weekend, I had to slow roll them like crazy, would have liked to speed things up a bit and still keep my depth consistent. I've seen those bottom dwellers, I'll have to grab a few of them.

smallies will bust spinnerbaits just as hard as pike, wouldn't feel too bad about that...I think it's a balance between too thin and too stiff wire used, too stiff and it detracts from the vibrations, in theory, I have a friend who ties musky bucktails on what I would consider bass guage wire

I've never had a terminator spinnerbait break on me....and i like their skirts, the one piece design, no elastic band

I used to use Picasso's which I really like but they must of changed their materials because they seem to be of poor quality as of late so I don't buy them any more. The Terminators are good but pricey. I checked CL spinnerbaits and they look good. The sassy shad looks like a killer bait, might have to give them a try. I bought some of the Izumi bleeding shad I think they were called and they were junk. Think they were made by Strikeking. Couldn't get any of them to run right and the skirts were cheap. I have a few Reef Runners I bought a few years ago in the 1 and 11/2 sizes they work great for deeper water and ripping in shallower water but I cant remember where I bought them and can't seem to find them in my area.

the mass market bass sized SBs of today are pure garbage plain and simple

i am disgusted at the chickenpoop wire which bends and breaks very easily in the booyah, strike king etc products

not to mention i thoroughly hate the r-bend design which they all come in. give me closed loop any day.

i have several SBs of late 80s/early90s vintage (blue fox and others) that are still solid after many years of use, many fish with teeth and many tail replacements.

Just picked up a 3/8oz culprit while I was at Wall mart.$2.49 for white.I don't know about quality,but for the price?. I'll let you know Saturday evening how it stood up.:PI still think I'll pick up one of the terminators,I believe they are 1/2 or 3/4 oz thou.Bigger gear time I'm sure.

Edited by davey buoy

I make them and can make them to your size if you want. Any colour etc. PM me if you'd like.

I would order more of them from you Joey but I haven't been able to tear up the last batch. :thumbsup_anim:

Your quality is going to put you out of business.

Art

I like the Terminator spinnerbaits and the StrikeKing Potbellies, but I replace the split rings on both of them. I've had bad experiences losing blades up till I decided to change em out. They catch alot of great fish (especially the potbellies) if your wondering why I still buy them, lol.

I like the Terminator spinnerbaits and the StrikeKing Potbellies, but I replace the split rings on both of them. I've had bad experiences losing blades up till I decided to change em out. They catch alot of great fish (especially the potbellies) if your wondering why I still buy them, lol.

I haven't seen the pot bellies,but what weight works for you with the terminators? .Can't remember the exact weight size I saw.

I haven't seen the pot bellies,but what weight works for you with the terminators? .Can't remember the exact weight size I saw.

The terminators I use are 3/4 oz, and I prefer them shallow in the heavier current.

If I'm fishing walleye/bass/pike throughout the water column, I gotta use the pot bellies in 1 oz. I fish em as deep as 25ft, and never have issues with them outside of that split ring that like to break (on both models)

I stick with the Strike king and they seem to work fine...although i have this one old one in the box fish can't resist but i don't even know who makes it?

Heads up not sure about all, but the cobourg crappy tire had the pot belly on clearance for $2.63/2.73 don't feel so bad to loose a 3 dollar spinner then a ten dollar one.

I stick with the Strike king and they seem to work fine...although i have this one old one in the box fish can't resist but i don't even know who makes it?

Heads up not sure about all, but the cobourg crappy tire had the pot belly on clearance for $2.63/2.73 don't feel so bad to loose a 3 dollar spinner then a ten dollar one.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be looking tomorrow as I have to pick up some new camping gear anyhow. I'll be looking for chart. and black/silver, just for back ups. I think they were around $6 a pop last time I bought any