FISHING TODAY

DMASSE

Hello

Well after posting yesterday on who would like to fish tomorrow,

JEN from Team 5 (which by the way is going to win the tourny) pm'ed me and we went to Keswick for some fishing...

First I would like to say thank you Jen for fishing with me today...I had a amazing time.

For the people who dont know her, she is like the perfect women.. she is into everything, she shoots, hunts, fish and by fishing I mean she will do any thing, (even take off my catfish EHEEH) and to boot a devoted mom of 3.. All I can say is WOW>

Anyway we went to Keswick today to do some crappie fishing, we meet at Yorkdale and proceeded to our fishing spot... Fishing today was amazing. right away Jen and I were catching fish, a Crappie here and then 10 Bluegill in a row some sunfish and then more bluegills.... All and all between us we probally caught close to 70-80 fish...

On the way home we reliazed that we caught a huge array of different fish... 8 differnt species of fish. IncludingCrappie, Bluegills, Sunfish, Perch, Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Catfish, and Jen caught a good size Golden Shiner

Before anyone says anything the OOS fish were all released quickly and were not targeted

We have pics to follow and I would liket o thank Jen again, and lets plan something soon, mabye with your boys and I know my daughter would love to come as well..

Here is one pic, bewfore my camera died...

STEELHEAD.jpg

Dave

Edited by DMASSE

FishingwithDemasse001_2_.jpg

Yet again I have had the opportunity to meet another wonderful member of the OFC community. Thank you so much Dave, for hanging out with me today. Had a great day! Not to mention all the tips I picked up along the way. Now lets just see if I can get my kids out there and onto the kind of fishing we had today.

Again, Thanks

Edited by Jen

Its really alot of fun when you hook many different species keep up the good work guys. Nice pics and walking_angler dont put to much faith in grenadier pond i have almost made my breaking point never have any luck there was their saturday morning and not even a nibble.

Always glad to read reports from OFNers who hook up for fishing trips. Sounds like a fun day of panfishing too.

love_fishin and walking_angler, don't give up on Grenadier Pond. I used to live around High Park and saw a fair # of fish caught there, but in the summer. It's still much too cold, I don't think it gets good until late May or June.

Mike

What's wrong with Grenadier Pond? I grew up in the High Park area and spend many days cycling down to and fishing Grenadier Pond. Over the years we've caught Large & Smallmouth Bass, Northern Pike, Black Crappies, Yellow Perch, Bluegills, Pumpkinseeds, Brown Bullheads, Common Carp and even Glizzard Shad. Great fishing area especially in the middle of Toronto! I still like to get down there and walk around.

Cheers,

Dave