Dusey Lake Outpost ~ Journey To A Brook Trout Zoo

solopaddler

Mike, I think everyone has already made the statements I'm thinking, having read another amazing post.

One thing I will say, is, I think you have just given me THE destination for the brookie trip that Juli's dad and I wish to do. Both of us have longed to do a brookie trip our whole lives, and we've talked about coasters on Superior, or Nipigon, but, this looks amazing...throw in the walleye and pike, can't be beat!!!

Edited by FRANKIE65

Love the write up. I really enjoy seeing your sons huge smiles. I really need to bite the bullet and take my youngest (8) to a fly-in lake.

You really need to get a gig as an online writer. (Ontario fisherman etc) In the meantime I will simply enjoy the free writeups you so generously share with this board.

Thanks again Mike for brining us along on your adventure. Brookies are my favorite species as well, because my dad used to bring me along stream fishing back in the 60's and 70's, I am sure your son will have amazing stories to share with his kids.

It must be more special when you can share a trip like that with your Dad, son and uncle.

Bravo !!!!!

Now i need to call Brad and enquire as well.... cheers

Why you havent been snagged up for a REAL FISHING SHOW,is beyond me Mike.

I was able to read the report at work,and got to reread it,being able to view the pics and vids.

Great adventure and great report.

Thanks for taking the time.

Some very kind words gentlemen, thanks very much!

It's really quite fun, being the rinse boy, when the lake is 55F :lol:

BWAH-HA-HA! :lol:

Why you havent been snagged up for a REAL FISHING SHOW,is beyond me Mike.

I don't either, what's up with that. :lol:

Fantastic pics.. Great pics!!! Wow, I love the colours on those brookies, and that one pike was a monster!! Oh- and great shots of the dock... I could go on!!! Very cool!

For the record, my old Canon camera fell in a live well... I snivvled and swore for days, but the new camera trumps the old one!

I had talked to Brad last year re: a fly in to Dusey or Tebeau for just the wife and I. The price didn't work then but after talking to him today he gave us a very nice price on a last minute trip into Dusey for June 22-29th. Gonna be a rush with the 18 hour drive from Ohio but we'll make it. I believe he still has July 4th- 11th still open for any holday fishing. Will post on our return...

Joe T

Thanks again everyone, really glad you're liking the post,

Cheers

I had talked to Brad last year re: a fly in to Dusey or Tebeau for just the wife and I. The price didn't work then but after talking to him today he gave us a very nice price on a last minute trip into Dusey for June 22-29th. Gonna be a rush with the 18 hour drive from Ohio but we'll make it. I believe he still has July 4th- 11th still open for any holday fishing. Will post on our return...

Joe T

Joe, this coming Friday? Tomorrow?!! You never cease to amaze me LOL! Have a fantastic trip, give my regards to Brad, and yes please let me know how you did.

Awesome report

Making me change my thinking on outpost versus American Plan

Also makes me think my dream trip with my brother, niece and daughter is a possibility!

Finally makes me think differently about targeting brookies or trout in general when we hit Lady Evelyn again :)