Trespassing In GAR Country!

Moosebunk

What an amazing fish...I've seen a few in my travels but they have never seemed to take interest in anything throw at them...wasted a hour outa a walley tourny chasing a 4 footer around a shallow bay lol

Appreciated all. The report was obviously a tonne of fun in the making and it turned out to read more calmly than I had anticipated it would. Quite a few photos were left behind as my Internet is so absolutely terrible and I basically have to bulk upload pics from elsewhere. So a labor of love it is and thanks again for enjoying.

How do they fight?

Most average fish fight not all that great really. Usually good for a short run or two. What's awesome about gar though, is the take!!! And bigger fish though, I've had a few this summer really surprise me with more and longer runs. Past few summers seen a small handful of gar that would honestly guess at being in the 20 to maybe 25 pound range... and one still haunts, that I think could be better and around the 55-60 inch caliber and maybe beyond 25. Would bet that giant could rock!!!

Are you doing any post-shoot processing to get that sharpness and vividness? They really look great!

Always playing in the darkroom. An older Paint Shop from Jasc has been a tool since day 1.

Yes epic report :thumbsup_anim: lived in few locales where they were common, Welland River, Long Point Bay and travelled to a few spots that had them like Bay of Quinte and particularly Stocco Lake where they were thick, but those are the most and biggest I have ever seen :clapping:

Holy smokes you know how to catch fish there Drew. Awesone report. I've never caught a gar. I've seen them swimming around while muskie fishing, but never targeted them and they did not go for the musky lure :lol:

Excellent photos aswell (as usual).

Joey... if you were closer and the timing was right, we could probably get ya a first. Takes some practice though, gar don't come easy and alot are lost.

Dan... you must be getting pumped up for something soon... eh??? Keepin' an eye on the lunar calendar? I'll be around, as always!

Again, thanks for checking in and droppin' a line all. Next round, OTHER fish with teeth!!!

Not only did I enjoy the photos...I really enjoyed the story telling.

Stealth bomberloads of Garrr for Summer, Dad, Garl(the Gouin) and self made Mike.

Too bad you spoiled our double on the day....we'll hunt again.