Bell Customer Service - Unbelievable

Pikeslayer

Assumed when you call "customer service" they are the right people.

Apparently not with Bell, LOL.

Made the move to Rogers quite a few years ago, and SO glad I did. Bell is/was nothing but a headache to deal with.

The CRTC rules need to be changed to allow foreign competition. Wind Mobile got nothing but a hassle and plenty of whining from Bell and Rogers when they bought up available cell frequency space - parent company was off shore. The president of Wind challenged Rogers and Bell to go international - quit hiding behind government skirts. Neither would last two minutes. Canada has the highest rates in the world.

Would be nice if Rogers actually had coverage in the sticks. Great for the city, but get a few miles out of Barrie and ZERO service.

Put away the string and tin can phone you have and buy a Nokia, I just traveled from Barrie to Spanish, never lost signal anywhere in between and beyond.

Not looking to stir the pot, but your tone was pretty nasty to a poor woman who has done nothing but try to assist you as best as she can. I have come to learn that being firm but polite goes a long way in this day in age. Don't be fooled, if you were the Bell CEO, your call centre would be in the Carribean too ;)

I do not like Bell's Consumer Help line either. Perhaps they have to locate off shore because they can not find Canadians willing to work at the call center. We have to import workers in the agriculture industry to harvest crops because Canadians would rather collect welfare or a disability pension than work at a job that they feel is not good enough for them.

Have Bell corporate and their coverage is spotty out of big centres. Wolseley Bay: bupkiss but guy with Rogers was iPhoning photos of his fish from out near Rainy Island. New Liskeard: bupkiss as well with that emergency only message.

They're flip sides of the same coin imo and not worth the switch unless they throw in some major incentive.

I do not like Bell's Consumer Help line either. Perhaps they have to locate off shore because they can not find Canadians willing to work at the call center. We have to import workers in the agriculture industry to harvest crops because Canadians would rather collect welfare or a disability pension than work at a job that they feel is not good enough for them.

If a living wage was offered for these jobs then they would be lining up in the streets to acquire one.

Have Bell corporate and their coverage is spotty out of big centres. Wolseley Bay: bupkiss but guy with Rogers was iPhoning photos of his fish from out near Rainy Island.

Yup, it's a dead zone no matter which provider you are with (I've had service from the big 3 over the years and it makes no difference) If the sun & moon & stars are aligned you can get a signal if you're at the top of a hill, esp around rainy island for some reason. There was supposed to be a tower going up near Dokis but the bean counters (I presume) decided the people up there are not worth the investment. :rolleyes:

Edited by Raf

Put away the string and tin can phone you have and buy a Nokia, I just traveled from Barrie to Spanish, never lost signal anywhere in between and beyond.

So you didn't leave the highway? Wow man, who are you trying to impress, lol!

What are you guys talking about with regards to Rogers not having service? I have a iPhone 4 and drive from Hamilton to Sault Ste. Marie twice a year, and the only time I don't have a signal is at the very bottom of a couple very deep valleys. I'd be interested to see what kind of phones people are using who are complaining about no service outside cities...

What are you guys talking about with regards to Rogers not having service? I have a iPhone 4 and drive from Hamilton to Sault Ste. Marie twice a year, and the only time I don't have a signal is at the very bottom of a couple very deep valleys. I'd be interested to see what kind of phones people are using who are complaining about no service outside cities...

.....it's when you get off the beaten path that you'll notice a difference. Has zero to do with your handset.

One of the advantages of CDMA over GSM.

Edited by BillM

Service along major arteries is rarely an issue as there are cell towers along them, it's when you step off the beaten path

fyi, I have a Samsung Galaxy SII. a little better than tin can and string. ;)

Edited by Raf

Rogers does not work at all in the NWT.

When I moved up here I had Rogers (for 14 years) and had to give it up because it just didn't work period up here (no towers). When I called to cancel my contract and told them where I moved to they said no problem and didn't even charge for cancelling. I found Rogers very good otherwise I would not have been with them as long as I was.

Bell Mobility is dealing with a class action law suit up in the North here for charging us their 911 acess fee when there is no 911 service in the NWT or Nunavut. When it is over and done with I expect that Bell will lose and they are going to have to reimburse anyone who has/has had a cell phone north of the 60th parallel. <_<

Make that three. :thumbsup_anim: And I thought I was the only one.

Well, I have one, but given that it only requires a charge up twice a year, I simply don't use it much...

Life is much easier when you are not available all the time.

HH

ps... I called Bell to set up a business line here at the house as I have started working from home... they wanted:

-$140.00 to run a separate line to the house

-they wanted another $140.00 to put a jack in the room

-they wanted $67.00per month for the line

So, in total, over $350, not including tax and I haven't made a phone call yet.

They said that was the cost. I called Rogers... $40.00/month, no intallation fees.

Got a call from Bell a few weeks later... told them to stuff it!

Edited by Headhunter

what would the north shore of huron be considered?

cause I was using my google maps ap on my rogers wireless to find logging roads that lead to the north shore of huron.

about as "off" the beaten path as you can find up there....

Although Bdox and I both use Rogers, my blackberry was picking up better signals than the iPhone.

Finally - if your more "off" the beaten path than I have described above - what the heck do you want your phone to work for?

Remember when we camped with no phones?

I am more than happy to be out of cellphone range when camping.. means I can't get work emails/calls :D

The question was asked however

here is rogers' coverage map (bell will be similar they sometimes even share towers) you can see that along the major arteries there's good coverage and you can see where the gaps exist. http://rogers.wirelessdealer.ca/coverage/index.asp?l=en

I am more than happy to be out of cellphone range when camping.. means I can't get work emails/calls :D

You do realize that cell phones do have an off button right? :whistling:

Having 100% coverage would be great in emergencies and to get away from it all while camping hit the power button, problem solved. :lol:

.....it's when you get off the beaten path that you'll notice a difference. Has zero to do with your handset.

One of the advantages of CDMA over GSM.

Bell doesn't sell CDMA handsets any more