Thanks to the Dr @ Soldier Memorial in Orillia.

BillM

............for taking this damn hook out of my finger on Sunday :)

IMG_2758.jpg

IMG_20120610_102155.jpg

What was even cooler is that he was from Terrace BC, just recently moved here and is a hardcore fly fisherman. First thing he says is 'You should have been using barbless!', lol!!! Talked fishing for 15mins while the local took, then he cut the hook, pushed it through and I was all done. I also offered to take him out for some steelheading in the fall, he seemed super pumped (We exchanged contact info)...

Fishing for pike with the oldman, hooked a OOS smallie 5 mins in. Had the bottom treble of the Rapala X-Rap buried right under it's head.. I couldn't lip it because it had the top set of trebles in it's mouth.. So I grabbed it behind the gills like I do pike. Popped the top set of hooks, started to work on the bottom and it went ape. Top hooks found my finger and 3lbs+ of him flopping around really dug it in there.

So now I've got hook super deep into my finger and all I can do is hold the fish.. My Dad pulled the hooks out of the fish and got him back in the drink, then we had to remove the hook from the lure itself. That was fun :) After we got it out we ran back to the launch and dropped the truck/boat off at home. Drove to Orillia, in and out in about 30mins, back on the water by 10:30 :)

OOuch!!! 30 mins though.... next time I might run right by RVH to soldiers, extra 30 mins on the hwy but likely saved 4 hrs in emerg.

I rarely go to the hospital for emergency stuff. If I was in Barrie, I would have gone to a walk-in clinic. From my experiences it's a lot faster.

But the staff at Orillia has me in and outta there in no time!

Damn buddy! Just another reason why I hate Bass! LOL! I like that you took the time to get some shots of the mishap!

Dirty bass! LOL! Really didn't hurt unless I touched it.. Best part was getting the hook caught on the bow rope while trying to put the boat on the trailer! I let out a few expletives when that happened.

LMAO MIKE. "This is awesome". :rofl2:

Mike ,maybe stick to single hook fishing. :sarcasm:

B, singles stick just as good as trebles lol , thru a cheater out once and put a single siwash right thru my finger in one side fully out the other , thats what you get for fishing sharp hooks and not paying attention .. OUch Bill I know the feeling ...

B, singles stick just as good as trebles lol , thru a cheater out once and put a single siwash right thru my finger in one side fully out the other , thats what you get for fishing sharp hooks and not paying attention .. OUch Bill I know the feeling ...

I was referring to steelheading or fly fishing, B. :whistling::jerry:

A good reminder that a pair of cutters are handy, even if you aren't musky fishing. Cutting the other points off that treble would've been a lot easire than sliding it off the split ring....plus you wouldn't have gotten such a good grip on the bowline at the launch laugh.gif

I keep a small pair that I originally bought for downrigging, in case I ever had to cut the cable. So far, they've snipped 2 trebles and no cables blush.gif

A good reminder that a pair of cutters are handy, even if you aren't musky fishing. Cutting the other points off that treble would've been a lot easire than sliding it off the split ring....plus you wouldn't have gotten such a good grip on the bowline at the launch laugh.gif

I keep a small pair that I originally bought for downrigging, in case I ever had to cut the cable. So far, they've snipped 2 trebles and no cables blush.gif

Johnny, we've always got a pair of good cutters on board. Unfortunately, they were on the oldmans work bench this time around, lol!!