Weekend at Bernie's

fishnsled

Our annual spring trip to Bernie's has come and gone once again. It was great to see everyone but too bad that a couple of the usual suspects couldn't make it, you were missed Cliff and Gerritt. Stepping up to fill the void this trip was Bitsmith2K. We arrived safe and sound but greeted with some crazy winds. After unpacking and catching up, we presented Bernie with his new Spiel creation, a custom walleye jigging rod that we all pitched in on. It was great to give a little something back to the man that has been such a great host over the years. Thanks again Bernie.

With Cliff (AKA - our photographer) missing, there were not too many shots taken over the weekend but I managed a couple for the report. Friday evening was a pretty good fish with a few walleyes brought back to join our steak dinner the following evening - no pictures so I guess they don't count. I can tell you that they were delicious!! Saturday I was better with the camera and grabbed a few more shots. Started out the day with Bernie's favourite species.

P1000521.jpg

Followed by some of these pesky things. Those Sworming Hornet jigs work well Phil!!

P1000523.jpg

What a monster!!

P1000524.jpg

A bit of a slow bite in the morning but even slower in the afternoon.

After a nice steak and walleye dinner it was back on the water to see about getting a few more in the boat. A couple of eaters and some perch for both boats and ended with an awesome sunset.

Nice shirt Joe!

P1000526.jpg

Brook joined them and was an extra set of eyes on the rod.

P1000532.jpg

P1000527.jpg

P1000529.jpg

P1000535.jpg

The next morning the weather cooperated and we gave it one last go. Mike and I had a great morning with a bit of everything coming in the boat.

This walleye looking to be the very same fish I had caught the day before. Exact location, and the exact same markings, just wished I had a pic from the day before to confirm.

P1000537.jpg

A couple of minutes later Mike hooks into what could have been causing the damage to my fish,

P1000540.jpg

A few more walleye were caught along with some perch and one other surprise.

P1000547.jpg

P1000544.jpg

P1000541.jpg

After a good morning fish it was time head back and start the dreaded packing for the trip home. Another awesome weekend in the books. Thanks again Bernie for putting up with us :asshat: 's again. Fantastic time as always!

Edited by fishnsled

Thanks for putting up the report Will... I'm surprised you can even see me with the way that shirt blends into the background!

I never knew Bitsmith could smile! LMAO

A good time was had, great to see Spiel again and as always, I'm humbled by Bernie's generosity.

We had the camera in the boat, but lacked any inspriation to get it out and actually use it!

I knew there was a reason why we brought CLiff along!

HH

Thanks for the replies!

Classy move.:)

Classy move for a classy guy. :good:

Good times on good 'ol Nip!

Nice sucker

Me or the fish?? :glare::lol:

Awesome Will, getting some amazing feedback on the swormiong hornets! Pike are destroying the 1/2 oz as well.

Love the shirt! :)

I've got some ideas for those baits this weekend, we'll chat when I see you tonight. We still need to plan for a crazy shirt fishing day with Joe too!

It was a great weekend (as always) and being there with y'all is just what I needed.

I had a good time, right? whistling.gif

We all had a great time! lol!

I missed a great weekend it seems!! Hopefully I'll be there in September....

I know you guys missed me LOL.

Who are you again?? :P

Yes Chris, I think you did.... CLUBS!!!!

LOL

HH

:rofl2:

Or......Joe, if you take the 9 out of the run, you still have your 8 for the phase.... :blink::lol:

Good job on the report Will.

You fellows are always welcome here.

Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. The Spiel fishing rod is a thing of beauty. Light, sensitive and I think it will handle a big fish, if I ever get one....

We are going to have to get a simpler game to play after 10pm.

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Chris told me about it. Nice picture shots. Chris offered me some protection on our annual trip next week :whistling::rolleyes::w00t: I'm going with 8 guys.

:rofl2::rofl2:

Watch out for the spikey one!

I don't know Bernie... either find a differnet game to play after ten or find some smarter friends!

HH

:rofl2::rofl2:

Watch out for the spikey one!

I don't know Bernie... either find a differnet game to play after ten or find some smarter friends!

HH

I hear it's a good game if you play it fast, we'll never know! whistling.gif

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Chris told me about it. Nice picture shots. Chris offered me some protection on our annual trip next week :whistling::rolleyes::w00t: I'm going with 8 guys.

Snicker snicker chuckle gaffaw laugh........

Art

Don't know how I missed this one..

Thanks for having me up Bernie, hopefully next time I'll be allowed to talk or even eat in the cottage with you guys.. Trying to figure out what the scarier sleeping situation is: Gerritt's demonic threats, or Will's humming show tunes in his sleep..

Looks like a fun weekend guys. And Mike does smile, even at huge fish like this - sorta :)

1466009490_4b11007131_n.jpg

IMG_1869 by Sean Maurik, on Flickr

thanks god it wasnt the goose picture.. :)

Good job on the report Will.

You fellows are always welcome here.

Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. The Spiel fishing rod is a thing of beauty. Light, sensitive and I think it will handle a big fish, if I ever get one....

We are going to have to get a simpler game to play after 10pm.

no need for simpler games Bernie, i'm building an app for this kind of thing.. i call it "things to do when you're drunk", and i thought of the idea all by myself with no outside help..

Will, I truely wish the best for you and Joe and I'm sorry we couldn't make things work out.. you'll always have a special place in my heart..

Mike