Worm Prices

hoosieratc

Yeah, they're about $5 here too. I rarely buy them although I did buy some last week. If I mow the lawn before a good rain, I can go out late that night and pick enough for the season.

Some things not right , my buddy brings the worms with him from Toronto when we go fishing and he tells me he pays 3.00 for two dozen , i don't know where , but i know they cost me 3.50 a dozen here in Barrie

Prolly gets them shipped from Roywhistling.gif

no wonder the fish you catch are so fat cliff feeding them worms by the hundreds now lool

Ya, but 100 worms here, 90 of them go to kids fishing of my dock, the other 10 usually go to the robins LOL. You know me, I seldom use live bait!

Ya, but 100 worms here, 90 of them go to kids fishing of my dock, the other 10 usually go to the robins LOL. You know me, I seldom use live bait!

:thumbsup_anim: I think it's been over a decade since I used a live bait as well Cliff.

Buy yourself Chomper Worms. No need for real anymore. That's what I use now. They work great, the only thing they chase your buddy's out of the boat with their smell.

Chompers - by TableRock Bait & Tackle Company

Their site is down right now.

Was at the fish market the other day. Asked the girl how much for crabs.

She said they were going for 12.95 per Lb.

I reached out and grabbed her hand and said "Shake hands with a Millionaire"whistling.gif

Edited by mercman

where I live (burlington), worms are about $3-3.50/dozen. I will buy them when I'm in a hurry or don't have any left over from previous trips, but when I have a few minutes to kill I will go and flood a small portion of my backyard with the garden hose. The usual 'haul' is around 2-3 doz., but sometimes I get 5-6. I tend to find that the 'wild' worms are more fat and lively as well, and the trout seem to like them more.

Mike I'm with you I have not used worms in years until last weekend when the wife was up 3-0 on worms I switched up and came back for a 5-4 lead lol. I just picked 65 worms last night in about 1 hour were ready for tge next trip. I will still use gulp but on the days like last week real meat is a must.