Alligator found in Brampton backyard

tb4me

I havent looked at the article.... but I HIGHLY doubt it was an "alligator" ... most likely a "caymen" which can be purchased @ local pet shops. ( usually have to be ordered in)

They belong to the Iguana family, but are very often linked to gators and Crocs because they look like them & will grow to be 6-14 ft long. But like iguanas.... people will buy them because they look "cool" when they are babies... but as time goes on... all of a sudden it gets to big and has to find a new home.

Edited by Lunker777

not the 1st that climbed into someones trailer coming back from the states..tis the season snowbirds return home..customs officers dont always find stow aways lol

Thats a good possibility I hadnt thought of..

I havent looked at the article.... but I HIGHLY doubt it was an "alligator" ... most likely a "caymen" which can be purchased @ local pet shops. ( usually have to be ordered in)

They belong to the Iguana family, but are very often linked to gators and Crocs because they look like them & will grow to be 6-14 ft long. But like iguanas.... people will buy them because they look "cool" when they are babies... but as time goes on... all of a sudden it gets to big and has to find a new home.

The one in the picture is an alligator. A caiman lizard is completely different and does not resemble any of the crocodilians.

A caiman and a caiman lizard are two completely different animals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caiman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Caiman_Lizard

Alligators in Brampton, Bears in Burlington, Milton and Newmarket.

Deer running around on the Gardiner Expressway in Toronto.

Wildlife reclaiming their land. I love it !

What's next ? Godzilla rising from the depths of Lake Ontario and terrorizing the GTA ? :lol:

I'll bet there are quite a few city folks who supported banning the spring bear hunt that are rethinking their decision. :whistling: