Our Trout Opener!

Hey Guys!

Mike & Danna Parker put on an amazing facebook auction to help raise money for our Fish-A-Thon for a cure and it turned out to be a complete success! I donated a modest prize which was an exclusive day out on my local lake fishing trout for opener. The cool thing is that the park isn't open yet, so aside from a couple of shore anglers and 2 people who dragged little boats in from shore we pretty well had the entire lake to ourselves. My good buddy Will ( fishnsled ) from here on OFC bid A HUNDRED BUCKS to fish opener with me.. poor guy haha We've been trying to hit the water for over 5 years, as we used to work together when I was back in Toronto. This was long overdue and we had an awesome time! Will came by Saturday night, we drank a few cold ones, talked fishing, and barely got any sleep at all due to the fact that my Dog had puppies! lol In the end I couldn't have asked for a better trout opener

Onto the fishing - We struggled all morning (could have slept in haha) but with some help from the graph we located some fish and after changing up the game plan a few times we finally laid a pretty good beat down on them. It turned out to be a great trout opener and multi species day!

Thanks again for everything Will - I had a ton of fun and look forward to doing it again.... and it better not take 5 years this time! Feel free to fill in the blanks as I had to rush this report through!

Frozen blueberry bushes on our way to the lake...

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

I thought I was supposed to be the guide? lol

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0716_2.jpg

IMG_0717_2.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

Will was the rock bass master today.. he hammered a bunch! lol heres a couple bigger ones..

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

Check this out... this guy was full of shiners and had a big goby in him and he still ate my bait! lol

532809_10150674364151580_502461579_9805598_1906271192_n.jpg

Last nights snack...

IMG_0766.jpg

Have a good week folks!

Cheers,

Ryan

It certainly was an awesome day Ryan and looooong over do. Nice to know that the Fish-A-Thon for a Cure will benefit as well from our day on the water too. Thanks Mike and Danna for putting together the auction. Certainly a day that I will remember for a long time.

Have to do something about his hat though....

Sorry Phil. :D

Nicely done guys!! Good seeing you both out there. Definitely a slow morning bite with those -4 overnight temps.

Big round of applause for Will, and, his Fishing For A Cure bid!!!

Nice to meet you as well. I told Ryan that we could sleep in and the bite would be better after 11. :lol: No applause necessary but I am looking for pledges for the Fish-A-Thon in July. ;) If a got a buck or 2 from all the members here, that would certainly bump up the totals in July. :thumbsup_anim:

Bonus pictures - Averie introducing the next generation... her baby sister!

91465e0b.jpg

Cool pic. Thanks again for a great day Ryan and looking forward to the Fish-A-Thon in July.

Great icy pics, and of course the fish are beautiful!! But nothing beats Avery passing on her knowledge to her little sister. Very nice donation, Ryan... It can be very rewarding to fish with a 'master' of the area, and you proved it!! I fished it the afternoon before you, and only managed some blue gills!!

Just so yah know, never get in the way of FnS when there's a foot pedal involved! :jerry:

HH

LOL!! We mixed up the boat control through out the day. Given the lack of sleep it was quite nice to chill at the back of the boat and catch fish.

Wow - sleep deprivation obviously sharpens your guys skills - these are some beauty brownsthumbsup_anim.gif

I don't know if it (lack of sleep) sharpened our skills or just the fact we just got lazy and slowed down the presentation. :D

Very nice donation, Ryan... It can be very rewarding to fish with a 'master' of the area, and you proved it!!

It was a great donation!! It finally got us both in a boat for a day (after all those years of trying) and a few bucks to a very worthy cause. The fish - a bonus and certainly nice to fish with the "master" even if I had charge the batteries, hook up the boat to the truck, load the gear, tow, launch, drive the boat..... yep Ryan is a good guide. :lol: We actually made a great team on and off the water, had an incredible day filled with lots of laughs and fish. VERY much looking forward to the next trip. B)