Lake Erie PIGS

Billy Bob

Now there is one good event that would be hard to pass up. :good: But I think it would be a 2 day'er. 2nd. day to RE-COOP :whistling::stretcher::D

We would need someone local around Fort Erie to the Port Colborne area that has contacts to use a park or fire hall to do the fish fry....everyone could just start fishing at daylight of the day planned and be back to the meeting area with fish and fillet knives by 2pm......shouldn't take more then a hour to fillet and clean up....then a huge fish fry.....there use to be (35 years ago) a lot of cottages in the Crystal Beach area for rent for those who want to stay over 1 night....

Those have to be the largest perch I have ever seen! Nice haul BB.

Have you ever eaten the egss out of those things???? Just wondering what they are like.

There should be a whack of boats out there this weekend after everyone sees those pics! Wish I lived closer.

Those have to be the largest perch I have ever seen! Nice haul BB.

Have you ever eaten the egss out of those things???? Just wondering what they are like.

There should be a whack of boats out there this weekend after everyone sees those pics! Wish I lived closer.

NO...I personally have never eaten the roe from perch...when I went to fishing school years ago our teacher cooked some up for us but I just ate the fish....most of the guys were on them like stink on a monkey...

But who knows....I now eat sushi and caviar while in Vegas...get few Lancaster Ice Teas in me and I'll try almost anything.... :P

If you keep the roe in the sac, try steaming them and put a little grated fresh ginger and some soy on it. I actually try to pick fish (bass for example) that are stuffed with eggs when shopping in Chinese supermarkets. The people working the counter usually know to ask if you want to keep the eggs as they're cleaning them.

Curious since it's been years since I've had perch from Erie ( Port Dover) but how deep do they trawl their nets when catching perch ? I had a chance to go out on an Erie fishing boat once but missed the opportunity.

Curious since it's been years since I've had perch from Erie ( Port Dover) but how deep do they trawl their nets when catching perch ? I had a chance to go out on an Erie fishing boat once but missed the opportunity.

Correct me if I'm wrong.....but they don't trawl for perch....but rather set those nasty gill nets for perch.... :wallbash: