Monster Sucker Success

Minnow

Hey Guys

Got skunked steelheading yesterday :( so I went for Sucker today (Confidence Booster! Remind myself that I can catch fish lol)

Went out today to my sucker honey hole LOL, first outing this year and thought with these warm temps they should be moving in!

Got to the spot at around 8 am and only one on the river. Set up my extremely advanced Special Sucker rig (a worm and sinker lol) Was there for about 10 min and then I see the tip start to jerk! I make a strong hook set and the stupid creek chub flies out of the water and almost nails me straight in the face! Now I thought I would be catching these stupid creek chubs all day! Set the rod up again and 5 min and jerk, jerk, I do a light hookset hoping not the get nailed by another flying Creek Chub! To my suprise it was a sucker! My target species lol! Not often do I target suckers but with this beautiful weather and most fishing season's closed I am happy to be outdoors, and catching some fish is a bonus even though they are suckers! The action was pretty good for the 4 hrs that I was there managed to catch about 12 and missed about 12 fish! This weather is getting me pumped for pike opener and then eventually BASS OPENER!!!!

Anyways here are the pics of some TROPHY SUCKERS lol

Sucker-1.jpg

Here is one that I am considering getting mounted anyone know any good taxidermists? lol

Sucker2-1.jpg

And a steelhead hold on a sucker, very fragile fish dont want to do a vertical hold LOL!

Sucker3.jpg

I have also noticed that my hat is sideways and it seems to be lucky that way, got a lot of jokes last year about this lol and this year I am prepared for any jokes you guys might crack! The sideways hat is my signature look so be ready for more of it! LOL

P.S Does anyone know if the cats are running in dunnville any reports?

TIGHT LINES!

No season tjsa lol! They are open all year, the thread name is a joke! Most of the report is sarcastic. Don't like them much either but I will grab anything that swims, I don't think their is any fish I won't grab lol. The fight isn't that great but on light line it isnt bad and nice to catch anything this time of year since almost all fish seasons are closed! I throw them back but might keep 1 or 2 for cut bait next time for channel cats!

LOL Minnow, yeah that was what I was thinking, season??????

Yanno, in my long ago youth,(over 30 yrs. ago) we revered the sucker much as we do today, trash fish. Still think of them as such, but respect their life way more now. We were not kind to them back then, but hey, they have a right to live and reproduce as much as I do.

Still, won't intentionally fish for them, ever.

Ah brings back the memories of simpler times . I use to live for the sucker run back when I still had hair. Pick some crawlers out of the yard the night before, and ride my bike down to the river and spend the day fishing.

That is how Bly learned all her fishing skills .

Ah brings back the memories of simpler times . I use to live for the sucker run back when I still had hair. Pick some crawlers out of the yard the night before, and ride my bike down to the river and spend the day fishing.

That is how Bly learned all her fishing skills .

Sounds like she hihgraded ALEX, :lol:

and no, I did not fish for them intentionally, even when I had hair.

but hey, they have a right to live and reproduce as much as I do.

LOL!

thanks for the report minnow! it's just nice to catch some fish and "warm up" for the openers.

i'll be heading out tomorrow...if there's no action... i'll put my hat sideways and see what happens haha

victor