Spring Pike Report

Djeep

Challenge accepted. My moater Lake Trout bit me this summer. :P

http://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/fishing/2007/09/50-fishing-facts

Fish fact #11

Sounds good? be sure to record your bleeding like a stuck pig.

Teeth are teeth. With fish, they are sharp

Pike musky or walleye. They will make you bleed your own blood lol

Edited by manitoubass2

Its really easy to catch fish with the best guides, and such hey bill?

This forum is to promote fishing and good angling techniques.

Over the years ive noticed that your so good(according to your posts)

Why dont you take a step off your pedastil and teach???

Oh thats right, you dont give a s×$_

You just wanna be all knowing, correct?

Your no better then the white bucket brigade

Enjoy your fishing and your complex.

Edited by manitoubass2

Imperial angler back at it again.

Mechanic gloves for early april billm

But let me guess, you mever use gloves, ever???

I guess im in the wrong becaude you know everything, right bill?

You do wonders at promoting fishing.

Your just a hypocrit with an ego

Wow man, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? I joke with you more then anyone else on here, lol.

For the record, I don't use gloves but if I did, they've be sweet yellow and blue ones like yours :)

Edited by BillM

Sounds good? be sure to record your bleeding like a stuck pig.

Teeth are teeth. With fish, they are sharp

Pike musky or walleye. They will make you bleed your own blood lol

I'm just having some fun here. I'll put together a lil vid this summer of 'Jer getting bit by various species of fish'.

Truth be told I'm getting antsy waiting for the foothy buggers. :P

Wow man, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? I joke with you more then anyone else on here, lol.

For the record, I don't use gloves but if I did, they've be sweet yellow and blue ones like yours :)

That duck gave me horrible gas bill, horrible.

Horrible horrible horrible.

And ill bust your but the same way you bust mine?

All good fun

I have a couple pairs of the green and blue X Zone(I think) pliers in my boat and bag. They are around $14 at CT and cut all kinds of line and float and have got me out of plenty of jams. Likely the one fishing product I'm most happy with!

Oh and btw I've caught dozens of fair sized tothy guys. But vividly remember my first it was on mississippi lake near Perth and this was a small pike that almost made my cry. I asked an older man to help me with my tail between my legs....the hook was deep and it's teeth were showing and my pliers were tiny. He made it look super easy and basically said "no worries" although I know he was calling me a pansy under his breath

I have found over the years that its the smaller pike that pose the biggest risk to the angler. The larger fish seem more intimidating but are much easier to handle. We have never used a net in all my years of pike fishing.

The nets are a pain in the a$$ when the fish rolls around and gets tangled in the line and the lure gets snagged ect....

i agree with msp it's the small ones that'll get you. i found the best way is to just shake em off boatside, if tehy wont come off grab them 'over the top' just behind the gills in order to get the hooks out.

I used to grab Pike behind the head and was admonished by a very experienced fisherman to stop. He said the back bone could be broken easily and the fish will die, especially hammer handles. Good point. When I first fished for Pike grabbing them by the eyes is what I was taught. This was back when we kept all of them to eat. Thinking back that was a terrible thing to do and it still bothers me today thinking about doing that. Don't do that either.

Side note, Pike are fantastic in Tomato sauce for pasta, there's nothing wrong with keeping a fish for the table.

I always grab a pike by squeezing the gill plates (Big/small doesn't matter). Not to sure how that's going to break it's back. Best part is that it usually immobilizes them enough to pop the hooks and get them back in the water.