CTV Barrie

Terry

in their news at 6 today, they stated the fishing season is officially over today.

I sent an email correcting them that permanent ice huts have to be off simcoe today, some fish close today but you can still ice with a portable hut, can fish from shore or fish from a boat if you want,

they sent me a reply\thanks we are correcting that report

and sure enough they corrected it at the end of the news

well

my job is done..LOL

they do that every year, but this is the first time that I did something about it.

in their news at 6 today, they stated the fishing season is officially over today.

I sent an email correcting them that permanent ice huts have to be off simcoe today, some fish close today but you can still ice with a portable hut, can fish from shore or fish from a boat if you want,

well

my job is done..LOL

they do that every year, but this is the first time that I did something about it.

Last night Terry I was watching the weather network and the women was saying you have to get your huts off tomorrow.Went on to say if it was a colder winter they would of been able to stay out longer.Had a chuckle.

know lots of guys that were out this week

most in boats getting trout and whitefish, but some perch fisherman

and a few guys that were out from Beaverton getting walleye on the ice, lots of ice in the right spots, for the right people

I am not one of the right people

I sent an email correcting them that permanent ice huts have to be off simcoe today, some fish seasons close today but you can still ice fish with a portable hut and you can fish from shore or fish from a boat if you want,

well

my job is done..LOL

Fixed it for ya Terry.

Now my work is done. :tease: :tease: :tease:

This post has been repaired by your friendly neighbourhood grammar police. police.gif

Fixed it for ya Terry.

Now my work is done. :tease: :tease: :tease:

This post has been repaired by your friendly neighbourhood grammar police. police.gif

Looks like the "friendly neighbourhood grammar police" require further training on proper sentence structure. Capitalization of the first letter in a sentence is a must. A period at the end of a sentence also helps. ;):tease:

Way to go Terry, that station has been airing poor quality stories for quite awhile going back to the A Channel days. Our local channel in London is affiliated with them and the run the same stories many times.

I have also contacted our local station for blindly running incorrect stories from their affiliate. I have received replies both my local station and your station on my complaints after the fact.

One story that really got to me was when the reporter tried to show how unsafe the ice was by jumping on 2" ice over a moving creek which also had an air pocket under the ice. :rolleyes::wallbash:

Edited by Woodsman

I don't get ice fishing, even at the best of times.

And right now? Risk my neck crawling over wafer-thin ice to try and catch fish species I can't be bothered with in open water?

When conditions for steelhead are at their peak?

Not too likely!

Steelhead running in Edmonton? :thumbsup_anim: