OMG what a wonderful weekend

Big Cliff

Well, it all started with Pikeslayer coming up last Wed.. We always enjoy his company but he really came to visit his son Sean who is staying here while he attends school. Steve (Troy's dad) and his son Troy (pikeslayer's son-in-law) came up Friday evening and thus the weekend started.

Saturday morning, we had a nice breakfast then headed out fishing for the day. It took us a little while to dial in the perch but the weather was good the company was fantastic, and in the end we managed to bring home a very respectible feed of Sturgeon Lake perch. I couldn't believe how well the young fellows treated me, they took care of everything, set up the hut, drilled holes, I almost had to fight with them to let me drill a few and we has Simon's gas auger LOL.

I fixed them though, I ended up winning the pot for the most fish caught, (I also won the pot for the smallest LOL). Then home for a wonderful dinner prepaired by Steve (man can he ever cook).

Sunday was much the same, a wonderful breakfast to get us all fired up and ready for the day. We decided to try a different location because we were hoping to find some crappie action, unfortunatly that didn't happen. The wind was a lot colder on Sunday but the boys had the hut all set up in a few minutes and started drilling holes. The fishing wasn't as productive, I kind of think the cold front coming in might have had something to do with it but the company was every bit as good. Once you got out of the wind it was fine. We ended the day with sun and wind burns, tired, but smiles from ear to ear.

Today started off cold but by 10:30 or so the winds were light, the sun was bright, and so were our spirits. What a beautiful day to be out on the ice! We had lots of company stop by to visit with us, a couple out on their ATVs, Mike and Doreen, new to the area, (told them about OFC, hope to see them on here soon) Others walking, one fellow drove out in his car and set up shop not too far from us (there is plenty of ice, at least 16"). Sue and Mandy walked out for a visit and Mandy had a ball just running all over the place and following every track and trail she could find.

Alas all good things must come to an end and Simon had to head back to the big smoke LOL.

Anyway, a wonderful weekend, plenty of good food, company, and some fish to boot. It doesn't get much better than that!

What can one say about Cliff and Sue's hospitality? They are family in our household!

I needed a mini vacation, arrived Wednesday and reluctantly left on Monday. IT WAS EPIC!

Beautiful weather, awesome fishing, great food (and drink) and new friends (Steve & Troy).

Not to mention, I got to spend six days with our AWOL son Sean. He is blessed with Sue and Cliff and calls Sturgeon 'home' while attending Fleming College.

On to the pix........

A snowy Saturday set up........

P1000186.jpg

P1000187.jpg

P1000191.jpg

The Command Post saw limited use due to mild temps....

P1000189.jpg

Troy, our son in law

P1000194.jpg

Steve, our outlaw (Troy's Dad)

P1000193.jpg

Sean.....

P1000196.jpg

Sunday. Blue skies and light winds........

P1000198.jpg

P1000199.jpg

FISH Boot ON !!!

P1000201.jpg

Monday rolled around a little too quickly, but that's always the way. Anyways, here's my favourite photo of the weekend but least favourite moment.

Hometime................

P1000204.jpg

Thanks again Cliff and Sue. The 'staycation' was just what the doctor ordered!!

Simon

Edited by pikeslayer

LOL I had forgotten about the snow squal Saturday morning. I had headed off across the lake with the ATV and sled loaded with gear and the guys were driving around the lake to meet me. It was snowing so hard you couldn't see more than about 100' and I got turned around and ended up back at my shore line.

Second attempt went better and I at least managed to end up where I wanted but it just shows you how quickly a person could get into trouble. Even though I would have bet money that I was going in a straight line I actually made a full circle. If I hadn't recognized where I was when I came back to shore I could have easily ended up in an area compleatly different than I wanted to be!

Well, it all started with Pikeslayer coming up last Wed.. We always enjoy his company but he really came to visit his son Sean who is staying here while he attends school. Steve (Troy's dad) and his son Troy (pikeslayer's son-in-law) came up Friday evening and thus the weekend started.

Saturday morning, we had a nice breakfast then headed out fishing for the day. It took us a little while to dial in the perch but the weather was good the company was fantastic, and in the end we managed to bring home a very respectible feed of Sturgeon Lake perch. I couldn't believe how well the young fellows treated me, they took care of everything, set up the hut, drilled holes, I almost had to fight with them to let me drill a few and we has Simon's gas auger LOL.

I fixed them though, I ended up winning the pot for the most fish caught, (I also won the pot for the smallest LOL). Then home for a wonderful dinner prepaired by Steve (man can he ever cook).

Sunday was much the same, a wonderful breakfast to get us all fired up and ready for the day. We decided to try a different location because we were hoping to find some crappie action, unfortunatly that didn't happen. The wind was a lot colder on Sunday but the boys had the hut all set up in a few minutes and started drilling holes. The fishing wasn't as productive, I kind of think the cold front coming in might have had something to do with it but the company was every bit as good. Once you got out of the wind it was fine. We ended the day with sun and wind burns, tired, but smiles from ear to ear.

Today started off cold but by 10:30 or so the winds were light, the sun was bright, and so were our spirits. What a beautiful day to be out on the ice! We had lots of company stop by to visit with us, a couple out on their ATVs, Mike and Doreen, new to the area, (told them about OFC, hope to see them on here soon) Others walking, one fellow drove out in his car and set up shop not too far from us (there is plenty of ice, at least 16"). Sue and Mandy walked out for a visit and Mandy had a ball just running all over the place and following every track and trail she could find.

Alas all good things must come to an end and Simon had to head back to the big smoke LOL.

Anyway, a wonderful weekend, plenty of good food, company, and some fish to boot. It doesn't get much better than that!

It was nice to meet you and Simon. Thanks for the ATV and perch advice - much appreciated. smile.gif I'm sure we'll see more of each other.

Edited by whiskywizard

Good report, except you forgot to mention the great new neighbours you met! wink.gif

It was nice to meet you and Simon. Thanks for the ATV and perch advice - much appreciated. smile.gif I'm sure we'll see more of each other.

You are the Mike of Mike and Doreen aren't you?

You are the Mike of Mike and Doreen aren't you?

Yup - you're right Cliff. Don't know how I missed that!