canada post rant

Ok...so it takes a lot to get me angry......but this takes the cake.

Many of the members on the board know that I'm an autograph collector. I use the postal service all the time and have seen a steady decline in decent service. Before I moved in to my current pkace I had several great letter carriers who I could talk to and who took care of the stuff that was delivered to me.

Since I moved to where I have a communal mail box, I have had letters containing protected photos forced into the small pigeon hole where they become bent and destroyed.

Lately I've noticed things not arriving. Today I found out why. An hour ago (I'm at work) a heavy set man rang my door bell and my wife checked the door but didn't answer. The guy was delivering my mail that was delivered to his house. I could have lost 8 valuable photos.

Not only that, I've been receiving other peoples mail for more than a year.

I don't know who is dropping the ball, but I've placed a ticket to CP, but I doubt that will solve anything....

Ok. I'm done....

Not only that, I've been receiving other peoples mail for more than a year.

I don't know who is dropping the ball, but I've placed a ticket to CP, but I doubt that will solve anything....

Ok. I'm done....

Same here, I have been getting other people's mail as well, who by the way live on a totally different street about 1 mile away. :dunno:

I wrote "Delivered to wrong address" on the envelope and put it back on top of my mail box for the mail carrier to pick it up,

well that got him upset and he left a note in my mail box saying (in caps) "STOP WRITTING ON OTHER PEOPLE'S MAIL, WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES" :rolleyes:

I totally get it about being human and making a mistake, but doing it every week, twice a week is not very comforting, makes me wonder how many of my important/personal mail is being delivered to other people.

We never had that problem with previous mail carriers, and I am sure they were humen too.

Like you, I placed a ticked to CP as well and assured them that I am not in the habit of writting on other people's mail unless it is delivered in my mail box and need to be re directed to their rightfull owner. :rolleyes:

This has been going on for a couple of years now and not much has improved so far, I still get the wrong mail delivered to me.

Hope you have a better luck, please keep us informed with the outcome.

I've had same problems as well and more.

Mail deliver to me from 2 completely different streets with same number. They also get my mail. Now if I get their mail I circle the address in red marker and write “TRY AGAIN” and put it in the mail box at the post office.

One post man would either drop the blue elastics on my drive way or leave them in my mail box. I saved them for a month (17 of them) and went down a saw the post office manager and gave them to him and told him the problem, it stopped.

Now for the best. A friend was staying at the house, the post man delivered the mail as he left he took a piss on my fence. She called me at work about this, I came home and once again I visited the manager. He didn't believe it so I told him to come and have a look evidence was still on the fence and the yellow snow was the real give away, not to mention his foot prints. He changed his tune at that point and said he would look into it.

It's unfortunate that these things stand out and make the post office look bad. There are many good mail personal but since they do a good job you don't see them. It's only the bad things that make the news.

When we moved to our new neighbuorhood (six years ago now), CP lost all our mail for 3 weeks. I was in the midst of dealing with my Dad's estate, and of course all the bills and other crap you go through when moving. Contacted CP daily. Useless. I finally contacted the ombudsman, who within 48 hours had the situation rectified. If you dont get satisfaction in your current communications: My link

Good luck

These days if I have to ship anything of value, I do it via expresspost of courier - then at least we can track it through the system and see where they lost it.sarcasm.gif

I live out of town a bit and last Winter I noticed that some weeks I would receive no mail in my mailbox at all, then the week after I would get a load of mail. One day that I was at home I noticed the mail delivery man show up and I asked him why. He said that he doesn't deliver mail when it has snowed because he doesn't have snow tires on his car. I told him that I follow the rules et out by CP and that I keep the access to my mailbox cleared of snow every morning. But he said that he doesn't even come out when it snows. I reported him to CP and by the next week they had cancelled his contract. I ahve not had any issues ever since.

Well, so far touch wood, we have had excellent service from CP out here, in 11 years I think we might have twice had a piece of mail addressed to someone else stuck in with our mail but I'm sure not going to complain about that.

In fact a couple of weeks ago, the lady that delivers our mail actually came right to the door with a package for me because it said "do not bend" and she couldn't get it into the mail box without bending it. She didn't have to do that at all. With that kind of service being the norm, I'm inclined to cut her a little slack if there ever is an issue.

FishnNAutographs, you need to find out what your mail man drives, if he is that careless with the mail he is probably a careless driver too. Just saying :whistling:

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

quality and care suffers when cutbacks and labour disputes cloud the morale of workers. i've noticed that my CP delivered packages are taking longer and longer since harper made cutbacks. that said, i keep a path cleared from my house to my neighbours for the postal guy and my mail is always delivered correctly... haha

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

FishnNAutographs, you need to find out what your mail man drives, if he is that careless with the mail he is probably a careless driver too. Just saying :whistling:

Cliff, do you think he may have this mailman....LOL.... :rofl2:

Edited by Billy Bob

The clown delivering mail around our neighbourhood is no better. Really, all you have to do is look at the number on the house and match it with the number on the envelope, then, in most cases, you walk up the driveway and place in mailbox. Common sense isn't so common sense anymore.

Unfortunately, and I'm not justifying lousy work, Canada Post has beat their mail contractors over the head so bad the last few years from the point of view of pay rates and working conditions, that many of the contractors who have stuck around just don't give a "poop" any more. I know one of them who still does care but he is about ready to tell them to "shove it". In our area in Ontario, many contractors who knew their routes and their clients really well aren't even allowed to deliver the mail to them anymore if it only has a R.R # on it. It must have a fire number or other identifier on it.

My mailman drives a van, on may way to the communal mailboxes I followed him up the street (his back doors are open) goes around the corner and all the packages come tumbling out :rofl2: I stop and wait has he runs back to pick them up!

i've noticed that my CP delivered packages are taking longer and longer since harper made cutbacks.

...and I guess if it was provincial, it would be Mike Harris' fault...one track record...

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

...and I guess if it was provincial, it would be Mike Harris' fault...one track record...

no, spring bear hunt cancellation, yes.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus