OFC 2012 Tourny

bigugli

Seeing as we are into February, the question needs be asked.

Will we have another year long OFC team tournament? Last we heard, Slowpoke had already announced he could no longer co-ordinate the game. Will someone step up to the plate?

Is there enough interest amongst the members?

I have the time, only thing is I'm not the sharpest crayon when it comes to puter skills.

When I went to school computer science was a nerd class, where you messed around with 10000 punch cards to produce a 2 minute program.

Edited by bigugli

I have the time, only thing is I'm not the sharpest crayon when it comes to puter skills.

When I went to school computer science was a nerd class, where you messed around with 10000 punch cards to produce a 2 minute program.

Haha Classic! I am also looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

Jeeez Bruce, your really making me feel old now.

When I was in school we were sticking girls pigtails in the ink wells in the corner of our desks. :lol:

Not that I'm nearly as old as you, BU :P BUT, I remember something similiar from way back. All those nerds back then are making mega-bucks now...had we only known :lol:

Back to the true subject of the post. If it happens, good luck to the guy/gal that runs it. Brian put alot of time and work into it.

I had a great time on the winning team last yearwhistling.gif Would love to enter again. It does require tons of coordination though.

It would practically have to be someone retired, who would donate his time to this fun competition.

I hope some will take over the reins from Slopoke, who BTW, did a bang up job on the last oneclapping.gif

Why not just have everyone keep their pictures and measurements till the end of the year... And everyone post on a thread once and only once their numbers... As individuals...

No OFC sign required... Cause that makes it a hassle... And a lot of people forget it...and no bonus inches...

It would be interesting to see how many well rounded multi species anglers are out there...

Same species as the regular ofc tourney...

Sorry Bruce. I didn't see this post before. I hope we get it going soon as well. As for individual I think it was cool with the teams and te sign is needed I think. Just is proof that it was caught this year. It is not anyones fault but themselves if its forgot. I had a bunch in each of my tackle boxes in a zip lock bag even my back pack for doen at the Niagara or where ever I was hiking.

Mike I do agree though with not having bonus inches they were a pain as half the time they didn't post them for a month or so.

I'm out as a captain but willing to be on a team.

I know it's time consuming but I think if you get a copy of the excel file from Brian it can be done because everthing is already there. and YES, SKIP the bonus inches....

I will gladly captain a team again in 2012! (Weeeeeeeeee are the champions, my friends... we'll keep on fishing till the end...!) The tourney is a blast!

Here's my two cents... OFC signs should stay in, and so do the bonus inches. If you forget the sign, your bad! Let your team members razz you about it! And it is not hard at all to send in the pics to the OFAH Angler Awards program... they seem to have worked out some of the bugs on their site.

If somebody else wants to take the lead on running the tourney, I might be able to help in some capacity - but hopefully somebody steps up and runs it just as well as Brian did.

Pete

Proud Captain of the 2011 Champions - The Screamin' Reels :clapping:

Almost proud Captain on the 2010 Runners Up - Rippin Weeds :rofl2:

Edited by Fisherpete

Lol, and I bet the only thing bigger than the computer, (which, in my experience, batched all our cards at night), was the air conditioning room to keep it cool!