TV Fishing Show Survey

craigdritchie

Hi gang,

Everyone has an opinion, and I'd like to hear yours! Please do me a favour and take three or four minutes out of your day to complete a short survey on Canadian TV fishing shows. I'm doing a little market research and value your input.

Click here to begin the survey.

The questions are all multiple choice, and are structured to accept one answer only, so pick your best from the choices available.

What's it for? Can't really say at the moment, since it is work-related ..... but the information is quite important to me so I'm grateful for your input.

Thanks!

Done, Craig. Found the question about buying fishing product based on a fishing tv hosts recommendation the hardest to answer. Would have liked a "none of the above" option on that one. We all know sponsors are what make the tv world go 'round, and, it is pretty near impossible for any of these hosts to give an unbiased opinion on tackle.

Hey, it's just the way it is.

Bushart - thanks! I like Karl's show too, but there are specific reasons for listing the ones I did and omitting others ... and that's about all I can say since I don't want to skew any results.

Frankie65 - thanks! As someone taking the survey, I would also like a "none of the above" or "all of the above" option. But as someone who has to analyze the data after, sorry, I need you to pick one.

Thanks, gents, for your input.

As someone who has watched fishing shows right from early childhood to now (more than 30 years, heck I remember Craig fishin' with Bob many moons ago) I look at the shows through much different eyes now.

I am more likely to be looking for a little bit of entertainment and escapism much like here. Less interested in "new" stuff now because by the time the shows air the net has already provided me with most of the information I need to make a decision on yay or nay. This information often starts with the companies web site but always finishes with independent testing sites and forums.

Done.

One thing I'd like to see is in depth fishing shows. More about what/why/where/how etc. More camera angles of the bait/lures being used. More "rough cut" footage would be great too, as that's often where some of the comedy/entertainment comes into play.

The thing I dislike the most about most fishing shows currently on is the amount of advertising versus the actual fishing footage.

As someone who has watched fishing shows right from early childhood to now (more than 30 years, heck I remember Craig fishin' with Bob many moons ago) I look at the shows through much different eyes now.

Yes, seeing my sorry carcass on your screen is certainly enough to make anyone look at things through different eyes! Sorry man!

Fair observation. These were the ones identified for me .... not my own personal picks.

Yep, Craig just an observation. ;)

To tell you the truth, I really wish they would start re-running The Red Fisher show.

Call me old but it was a far better show than 99% of the stuff you see on the tube these days. :good::good: