Crazy Idea Inventors out there ?

Billy Bob

How many times have you thought....this would be a great idea to invent / develop but of course you never acted on it....SO, what were/are some of your ideas that actually might not be a bad idea...here's a couple of mine.

How about a washer/dryer that calls or texts your cell phone that the laundry is done....

Small, very small coffee filters to fit into the My Cup filter screen for Keurig Coffee Makers....I really hate cleaning that filter screen out...

I work as a mechanical designer. That's all I do all day, 60hrs a week, is design and invent stuff.

I come here to get away from work :whistling:

I'm intersted in seeing what other people are think about though!

One thing I though of when I was a kid.. Pressure sensitive brake lights. The harder you push the brake pedel, the brighter your rear brake lights get. If you lock up your brakes (or activate ABS) the brake like strobe. Or if you're just riding your brakes lightly, the brake light is still on, but dim.

That way if someone if just riding their brakes infront of you, you don't have to slam on your breaks..

Edited by N.A.W

I work as a mechanical designer. That's all I do all day, 60hrs a week, is design and invent stuff.

I come here to get away from work whistling.gif

I'm intersted in seeing what other people are think about though!

One thing I though of when I was a kid.. Pressure sensitive brake lights. The harder you push the brake pedel, the brighter your rear brake lights get. If you lock up your brakes (or activate ABS) the brake like strobe. Or if you're just riding your brakes lightly, the brake light is still on, but dim.

That way if someone if just riding their brakes infront of you, you don't have to slam on your breaks..

THAT IS SOMETHING THAT I THOUGHT OF YRS AGO, I THINK IT'S A GOOD IDEA...YOU WENT EVEN FURTHER WITH IT. MY THOUGHTS ARE PEOPLE HAVE A HARD ENOUGH TIME TO FOCUS ON ONE THING LET ALONE HAVE TO INTERPID WHAT THE BRAKE LIGHT IS SAYING AND TO FORM A DESISION ON HOW TO REACT TO IT...WE HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO IN THE AUTO INDUSTRIES IN THE LAST 100YRS, CAN YOU IMAGINE ANOTHER 100YRSGonefishing.gif

if I'm not mistaken, BMW use(d) a similar idea to the pressure sensitive brake lights. The LED lights had two rings, the outer ring would light up under harder pressure. Don't remember where I read it or if it ever went into production.

edit: yeah they use adaptive brake lights on some models that light up additional leds when braking hard.

Edited by Raf

I invented a wading staff with a rod holder built into it, so one can push the staff into the ground, then put their rod into the holder while they string their rod together. I usually have the staff stuck in the ground near me while fishing so that I can put the rod in the holder while I unbutton the fish. The idea is to keep my reel and rod out of the mud and prevent someone from stepping on my outfit. I tried selling these for a while ,without much success so I traded a bunch of them to angling outfitters for my first pin.

Thought of this on the weekend. Use a projector and gaming motion detector along with tablet or e-reader to project your book on the ceiling when reading in bed. Use your hand motions like turning a page to "turn the page". Kinda like the clocks that project the time on the ceiling. Don'tt need reading glasses and the book doesn't hurt when it falls on your face.

An automobile engine with an oil reservoir independent of the crankcase oil. The crankcase would have an oil level sensor and oil from the reservoir would be added as required. Oil level would always be optimum.

Wouldn't negate having your oil changed regularly; however would avoid low oil situations.

cheers

Craig

An automobile engine with an oil reservoir independent of the crankcase oil. The crankcase would have an oil level sensor and oil from the reservoir would be added as required. Oil level would always be optimum.

Wouldn't negate having your oil changed regularly; however would avoid low oil situations.

cheers

Craig

I "kind of" have something like that on my Tundra.....actually I was able to do this on almost every vehicle I have owned....

Runningboardsandoilstorage004.jpg

Notice the quart of oil stored under the hood right next to the washer reservoir (left side)....this way I always have a extra qt of oil if need be on long trips while towing or not....

Bob

Notice the quart of oil stored under the hood right next to the washer reservoir (left side)....this way I always have a extra qt of oil if need be on long trips while towing or not....

Bob

MY MY Bob.. does that Toyota drink oil or does it burn it??

I've never put a drop of oil in my '90 TBird Supercoupe, 95 GMC Sierra,98 GMC Sierra, 2003 F150, 2011 F150, any of Leah's numerous Suburbans or her current 2003 Sportrac.... between any of their recommended oil changes! :dunno: