Crazy Idea Inventors out there ?

Billy Bob

I've had many, many ideas. Trouble is I'm too lazy or am I too busy doing other stuff to bring the ideas forth and then some time usually passes by and BAM! Someone else went and did it! I then spend a week bent over kicking my self in the butt. I'm such an idiot...or is it my quest to just remain poor?

My wife's uncle held patents on quite a few things ranging from misile guidence systems to touch keypads like on your microwave oven and the little hologram on our paper money. Yes he died wealthy but to no advantage to anyone other than his offspring, and that's only right. He also worked on the Avro Arrow. He was a pretty fart smeller.

Edited by pikehunter

I've been using an accordion file folder for sandpaper for decades. I don't consider that an invention but re-purposing.

I do have a fishing related idea that will impact the lives of millio... thousan... hundreds of people. Okay, maybe "hundreds of people" is exaggerating but it'll make my life easier! I have to test the theory this season and may present the idea to a company that could introduce it into their product line.

How many times have you seen people driving with their flasher on. :wallbash: Theres got to be away after so many seconds you get a heads up.

My truck has this,but take along time to set off the warning chime and pops up on the display.

Tried it when I first got the truck.Think it took 7 to 10 minutes before it chimed.

window defroster's work in all ellements to melt the ice on the other side of the glass.

Tried use window de-froster element and a piece of mechanics wire.In the dry shop it drew 3 amps and burnt to the touch.

Out in the rain it went up to 5 amps and started glowing.

If I have time tonight I'll try add a 1 amp resistor.

Yah.. but a big wooden bat that comes up and smacks them in the head would cause even more traffic problems! :blink:

Gezz Wayne, I hope I don't get caught driving in-front of you. I'm one of those old def Senior citizens driving with my left signal flashing then turn right. :D

My truck has this,but take along time to set off the warning chime and pops up on the display.

Tried it when I first got the truck.Think it took 7 to 10 minutes before it chimed.

Tybo, after 7 to 10 minutes you would think the flasher would burn out :D Be a good idea thought. Except those guys driving with the BOOM BOX cranked up wouldn't hear the chime. :wallbash::D

Tried use window de-froster element and a piece of mechanics wire.In the dry shop it drew 3 amps and burnt to the touch.

Out in the rain it went up to 5 amps and started glowing.

If I have time tonight I'll try add a 1 amp resistor.

I don't even think you would need one amp

Might need to use braided lines only for the heat rod guides. :)

They already exist... CTC had them a few years ago my father in law still has a few of them called " The Hot Rod" they have 2x AA cells in the butt and you turn it on like a flashlight. ... They don't melt the line... They keep your hand warm and your guides ice free.

Randy

Hey Dave,

How many times have you seen people driving with their flasher on. :wallbash: Theres got to be away after so many seconds you get a heads up.

My Ford has an alarm that goes off if the turn signal is flashing too long. First time I heard it was signalling to enter an off ramp and I just let it stay on flashing 'cause I was turning anyway. As I was sitting at the light waiting an alarm starts blasting. Basically it's saying you dumb ass turn off the signal. Told my son what happened and he said "See, I told you it's an old man's car!"