Crazy Idea Inventors out there ?

Billy Bob

clapping.gif Pieces of art Ron !! Awesomegood.gif

Thanks Paul , any one want to see how you put a two post car hoist in a regular garage with an 8" ceiling so you can work on your corvette in your spare time .......... lol . If you can think it you can build it .

Skippy, I always said "You're a wild and crazy guy"....LOL..... :rofl2:

BTW.......nice work...... :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Harold , but i was waiting for you to come on and say that was nothing and that you guys in the south had lots of them all ready , but my story is that i 've taken the pat on the back up here for being the first one in Ontario to do it . I traveled around with both trucks at the time and atended shows apon request back then , a years or so later after my presents were known the smart guys up here with more money then i started building them with new Freightliners , kinda like the tape on Waynes diapairs

I have a great idea I've used in fishing for some years now

I'm just too lazy to do anything with it marketing wise

Just do it .......lol , get greative and do the marketing your self ,that way you'll get to make a bit of money before the big guys come and ruin it .

I invented a wading staff with a rod holder built into it, so one can push the staff into the ground, then put their rod into the holder while they string their rod together. I usually have the staff stuck in the ground near me while fishing so that I can put the rod in the holder while I unbutton the fish. The idea is to keep my reel and rod out of the mud and prevent someone from stepping on my outfit. I tried selling these for a while ,without much success so I traded a bunch of them to angling outfitters for my first pin.

Interesting staffman. I was wading into Lake O and fishing beside a guy who was using something that may of been similar or maybe one of yours. He was a grumpy fella, so I never did ask what and where he got it from. But I liked it. Can someone still get them?

As for an invention... someone please come up with a "boat potty" for kids and women. I am not using the livewell again since my 4 yr old suprised me one time by putting her own fish in the well one day. That was an experience. :)

Edited by Harrison

1988 i worked for Wolfgan Shrodder , we hit it off and he always favored getting me for his speacial projects and it blew me away every time he came to me with one , i had always feared letting him down til one day he told me this , He said that my problem was i listen to to many people and that i needed to start listening to my self like he did every day in his life , i took this to heart and use it every day since , Wolf and i celabrate our birthdays on the same day and always manage to let one another know we are still thinking of each other from time to time

Edited by Skipper " D "

I had a great idea, at one point. I used to mountain bike a lot. and get flat tires a lot too from thorns and sharp rocks. So I was always changing tires and using one of those stupid hand pumps. I had the idea to weld up the frame and put a valve on it so you could fill it with air. and when you needed to change a tire, just connect a hose from the frame to the tire and voila. Saw it some years later i think in toys are us! RATS!

Interesting staffman. I was wading into Lake O and fishing beside a guy who was using something that may of been similar or maybe one of yours. He was a grumpy fella, so I never did ask what and where he got it from. But I liked it. Can someone still get them?

As for an invention... someone please come up with a "boat potty" for kids and women. I am not using the livewell again since my 4 yr old suprised me one time by putting her own fish in the well one day. That was an experience. :)

Thats a picture and ahalf Harrison.........lol.

Try googling "Luggable Loo"

Thank you sir. We have one at the bunky, work Great. Unfortunately to large for a Bass boat. Maybe I can jimmy something up to hold the bag in the livewell with the same principle. Duck tape? .. hmmm, thanks for getting the wheels turning.

Edited by Harrison

A simple 5 gallon bucket works fine...but get a old toilet seat and put on four small L brackets on the bottom side to prevent it from slipping off during use

Edited by Billy Bob

NO LONGER AVAILABLE!

Ive watched some of those Inventor TV shows over the past year and am floored at what gets pushed thru and what doesnt.

Also gives a good idea at what the process is and the investment involved in bringing a product from idea to market.

Most products dont make it past "how big is your tartet market"? In other words, if your inventing something in the fishing world, what percentage of the worlds population are fishermen. Peanuts compared to the percentage of the population that use.....lets say.....cell phones. I'd be hard pressed to want to follow an idea into the fishing market

Heres one Lew and other emergency responders can relate to.

I have always thought that there should be some way to alert drivers that an emergency vehicle with sirens was within a 500 yard radius. In this day and age of loud music, earbuds for cell phone and rolled up windows for air conditioning, it is hard to hear the siren until the vehicle is almost on top of you.

A simple warning light, heads up display or drop down flag would be all that is needed. It could be wired and triggered to the alert by the emergency vehicles strobe which changes traffic lights to red. Of course all the auto manufacturers would have to be on board with this.

Is something like that feasible? I don't know.

Heres one Lew and other emergency responders can relate to.

I have always thought that there should be some way to alert drivers that an emergency vehicle with sirens was within a 500 yard radius. In this day and age of loud music, earbuds for cell phone and rolled up windows for air conditioning, it is hard to hear the siren until the vehicle is almost on top of you.

A simple warning light, heads up display or drop down flag would be all that is needed. It could be wired and triggered to the alert by the emergency vehicles strobe which changes traffic lights to red. Of course all the auto manufacturers would have to be on board with this.

Is something like that feasible? I don't know.

They all ready have that built into my radar detector....

What about heated guides for ice rods ? I figured that would be a great idea at about 5pm lastnight while trying to get line back down to the perch lol

Yep, i think weve all looked to the sky asking for those at one point or another. Its easy to suck the ice off an ice rod......not such an easy task at the end of a 14 footer LOL.

I think we could probably find the technology as close to our noses as the battery operated socks :)

One thing I've learned from this thread is that I'm going to start calling BB, Harold :)

I would'nt be to quick to call him that Bill , i just picked it up off of one of his emails one time , could be his wifes name for all i know ...........rofl2.gifrofl2.gif...................justsarcasm.gif Billwee