Crazy Idea Inventors out there ?

Billy Bob

Yep, i think weve all looked to the sky asking for those at one point or another. Its easy to suck the ice off an ice rod......not such an easy task at the end of a 14 footer LOL.

I think we could probably find the technology as close to our noses as the battery operated socks :)

Shouldn't be very hard, especially for ice rods... I'd love it on my pin! I wouldn't know where to begin however.

You don't need much heat at all to turn ice into water.... A few degrees above zero is all that's needed.

Yep, but that's why something like capsicum in a carrier like PEG might just do the trick easily?

I just don't think physically heating the guides would be of any convenience, but that's just me.

Either way, either approach would have advantages and drawbacks

Oh man, I just figured it out for the ice fishing rod...think it would be worth a patent? Of course now I can't say what the idea is.

Nah, well...maybe to have bragging rights to having invented it lol, but the amount of the population that fishes is pretty slim........or at least the amount of lunatics, i mean people, that fish in the middle of winter is slim. Dont think theres much money there