Battery charger for 7a gal batteries? (Portable finder batteries)

BillM

Bill.. I'm sure you don't have to look toooo far around the house. You want between a 300ma and 750 ma x 12 volt DC transformer to charge a 7 Ahr battery. I use a 1000 ma one for my double 9Ahr's I use in my finder... it's the charger for my 10 million candle power flashlight.

300 ma to 500 would be perfect... and the general size of all those wireless link adapters that I'm sure you have access to many of....

REMEMBER.. once that green light comes on on those Aqua View, Hummingbird, Marcum etc "chargers" comes on that it doesn't shut off... it continues to BOIL your battery!! :blink:

REMEMBER.. once that green light comes on on those Aqua View, Hummingbird, Marcum etc "chargers" comes on that it doesn't shut off... it continues to BOIL your battery!! :blink:

Unless you buy one of the multi stage ones like the Marcum DCS 100 or Vexilar V-410. :whistling:

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Wayne, I could definitely bastardize a normal wall charger :) Lots of those around the house!

It's all you need and will charge them nicely and at the correct rate. If you want to make it pretty (if you're using a homemade case)... I think I still have some male and female black and red sockets and plugs around here to put on the case and cord. Otherwise just go into the Source or similar and get a couple alligator clips.

Same as a security system charger, Bill. I just swap mine out when I need a battery. They're always fully charged.

You know that is genius to think of that Roy. A free charger and your alarm system battery tested frequently. :thumbsup_anim:

Art

Larry, it's very possible. I put both my batteries on my big charger lastnight, set it to 2a and it took a few hours to charge the one battery. Other battery might be toast, I could hear it boiling and quickly unplugged it.

I have been using the same charger I use for my deep cycles for 4 years now on mine. Works fine.

Its a nautilus deep cycle charger. Just set it on 2A charge, and wait till the little green light comes on, then go fishing.

S.

Yep, me too. This post has me confused, I just kept thinking....just use your deep cycle charger

Bill.. I'm sure you don't have to look toooo far around the house. You want between a 300ma and 750 ma x 12 volt DC transformer to charge a 7 Ahr battery. I use a 1000 ma one for my double 9Ahr's I use in my finder... it's the charger for my 10 million candle power flashlight.

300 ma to 500 would be perfect... and the general size of all those wireless link adapters that I'm sure you have access to many of....

Wayne has got it here. I was told this many years ago when using a charger on a snowmobile battery. My sled buddy said to used nothing over 1 amp. When buying a battery for my GPS to use why traveling on the sled in the winter the place (Total Battery in Barrie) Total Battery recommended this charger (link from another site.) Enerwatt It's been working like a charm for the last 3 years and the battery is still fine. I think I paid about $25 for the charger