6 years smoke free today

ecmilley

i smoked 15 years and so far 51 days of not smoking for me ... the patch and an electronic cigarette did the trick. no more patch but i puff the e smoke when i drink ... seemed to easy.

does the e smoke help when you're drinking (obviously it does) do you find it cures the craving. Drinking is the toughest time to not smoke

If i could find the will power anyone can, it's a tough fight, i used the nicorette gum to help me through the rough patches and drank lots of water and refrained from things like coffee and alcohol for the first month.

i started the road to smoke free by changing my habits a bit, every morning i put that first smoke off a little longer, then had a tea instead of coffee, eventually didn't have a smoke at all.

as for money savings, i figure about 21k in 6 years i was spending about 300 month on cigs since then i bought a sled for 14k hds-8 2k lss1 stucture scan and a minnkota talon 1500 and of course the bass boat fair trade i would say

does the e smoke help when you're drinking (obviously it does) do you find it cures the craving. Drinking is the toughest time to not smoke

http://www.smokenv.c...cigarettes.html .... this is the brand i bought, i had others but this one seems to work best. I got it at a place called "smoke zone" i think. Its at hwy 48 and 7.. across from the beer store.

Its not the cheapest at 65 bucks but that's 7 packs of smoke so whats the difference.. he also sells refills, you can get flavors like choclate coffee apple mint peach.. btw coffee and chocolate is the best imho.

... and yes it does make the crave go away.. its like smoking but without all the negative.

Edited by FishCrisp

its always good to hear that people have been able to do it!

Anybody can do it...ANYBODY...but 1st off you need to convince yourself that you really WANT to quit. If your not 100% committed to stopping you'll have a very hard time.

Once you realize why you want to quit and what the benefits are, it actually becomes very easy.

What is your secret? I've been struggling for the past 3 weeks. The first week was easy not to smoke due to bronchitis... but since that cleared up it's been a challenge.

For me it was my 40th birthday.

I think you have to be ready and have to figure out a technique/pattern/schedule that you can live with. Everyone is different but this is something that everyone can do. Just put your mind to it.