What a great day!!

bigugli

Now that I've had a good sleep, I'll post a report.

Finally got out on the ice for some perchin with CPH. Fantastic day.

Kinda nippy before first light,, and the beard had a heavy layer of ice by the time we hit our location. Once the sun came up, the wind was gone, and we were treated to bluebird skies and no crowds. Glad I left the hut at home. Too nice to sit inside. The company I was keeping was none too shabby either. Was great to sit and chat when we could. Conversations kept being interrupted by all the fish.

As for the fishing. Was impossible to keep working 2 lines in the first part of the morning. I was missing too many fish. Once I settled down to 1 line the bite was non stop. Fished a buckshout tipped with a Berkeley plastic maggot ( I've had the package for 4 years :lol: ). Over the course of the day we pulled up at least 200 perch. massive schools of them around us. The downside was that most were dinks and wannabes. Even so, I still managed to bring home 25 respectable perch.

Darned neck and shoulder are a little pinched now, but a little linament and some stretches will work that out. Can't wait to do that again.

DSCN3516.jpg

Edited by bigugli

Always a good day when we hook up. The fish where certainly active...but you really had to weed through alot of small ones. Next time I might wander around more to try and find some better fish...but yesterday was all about having a good visit and enjoying the weather. Thx for making the trip up Bruce.

My fish fry is tomorrow night :thumbsup_anim:

Now that I've had a good sleep, I'll post a report.

Finally got out on the ice for some perchin with CPH. Fantastic day.

Kinda nippy before first light,, and the beard had a heavy layer of ice by the time we hit our location. Once the sun came up, the wind was gone, and we were treated to bluebird skies and no crowds. Glad I left the hut at home. Too nice to sit inside. The company I was keeping was none too shabby either. Was great to sit and chat when we could. Conversations kept being interrupted by all the fish.

As for the fishing. Was impossible to keep working 2 lines in the first part of the morning. I was missing too many fish. Once I settled down to 1 line the bite was non stop. Fished a buckshout tipped with a Berkeley plastic maggot ( I've had the package for 4 years laugh.gif ). Over the course of the day we pulled up at least 200 perch. massive schools of them around us. The downside was that most were dinks and wannabes. Even so, I still managed to bring home 25 respectable perch.

Darned neck and shoulder are a little pinched now, but a little linament and some stretches will work that out. Can't wait to do that again.

DSCN3516.jpg

YOUR FISHING AND I'M NOTwallbash.gifwallbash.gif SO GOOD FOR YOU