Sail in Oshawa

Stoty

Regular part of the retail game. Open new store, hire army of prospectives to get store ready. After the opening ( or after Xmas ) drop the surplus.

All retail stores do it......hire at least 2X the amount that they normally need to set up the store and make a good impression on the public....then cherry pick the employees they want to keep. That's business.....everyone here would do the same thing if they owned the store.

Stoty, SORRY it didn't work out for you...hopefully it's only a bump in the road to a bigger and better career.

For every door that closes, another one opens. You have been through this before and you always seem to bounce back. Just use this as an opportunity to move on to bigger and better things.

Good luck in your new venture or career path what ever it might be!

With any tackle store, if they have what im lookin for, I will buy it, if they dont I will take my business elsewhere, I do not travel from store to store burning up gas trying to save a buck, With the Sail store it gives me another option, their fly fishing department is pretty darn good by the way.

Sorry to hear Stoty.

I was in at Sail today for the first time, I liked it and so did my wife surprisingly.

I only picked up a pack of Trokar hooks ($8 vs. $12 at BPS), I would probably go again when I am in the neighbourhood.

The customer service seemed reasonable, I was asked by at least 2 people in the fishing section and one in hunting if they could help me out. Much better than most other places.

Opportunity for you Stoty, good luck with your search.

Lots of ways to answer shareholders, but the one that's always taken is to cut staff.

OK....let's play that game...I'm a share holder and your running the store but it's now losing money....how do you keep it a float so I don't lose my entire investment and you lose your job....I know it wouldn't be, "we need to hire more help"....so what else can you do ? ? ?.....money running short and the clock is ticking.....monthly rent payments are do and MANY distributors want to be paid NOW...

OK....let's play that game...I'm a share holder and your running the store but it's now losing money....how do you keep it a float so I don't lose my entire investment and you lose your job....I know it wouldn't be, "we need to hire more help"....so what else can you do ? ? ?.....money running short and the clock is ticking.....monthly rent payments are do and MANY distributors want to be paid NOW...

I ask who the boob was who got us into this terrible money loosing mess and I'd start with them! That person probably makes as much as the collective of the people he just fired.

How many of us go into a bricks and motar store to check something out, only to go home and order it on-line for a small % of savings?

In all honesty, I don't think that we consumers have anyone to blame, but ourselves for many of our purchasing wows...

Stoty, your a bright guy, who certainly doesn't lack ambition.... you'll be fine.

HH

Home Depot does the same thing when they open a new store. Lots of happy staff to start up but within the year the stores' management has to start to show some growth in profits. It comes down to who made the best impression with the boss which does not mean they're keeping the best employees!! I'm surprised how harsh some people can be ....lol