IBP

lovetofish

Amazing he can cause such a ruckus around here.. and he hasn't even posted in 4 years!

Sorry, maybe i just didn't have anything to post or the time to do it. I thought people would want to know. I was only sharing some information that i came across, I thought that's what we do on the board... share information??? If I saved 1 person a drive up there, isn't it worth it?

Wasn't talking about you posting lovetofish... was talking about Peter and you getting sucked into his rederick.

Oh. It was kind of a rant too. We were planning on first putting our hut on Cook's Bay via Gilford Rd and then move it latter to IBP when the ice got thick enough. First they put the gates up at Gilford Rd and then they blocked the access at IBP. And of course Peter got me going too

Just so you guys know if you know anyone who lives in innisfill they can get at many stickers as they want justask them to go to city hall with proof or residence and they give you a sticker. I hate it when i have to pay to access a lake that is as rightfully mine as someone who lives in city limits.

Is the 25$ non-resident a new thing or is that just for the summer boat launch? If I recall correctly, it used to be 15$ to park in the winter before. They should really make it less (5-10$ or a 60$ 3 month winter pass). They would actually get more business like this, as a lot of people (myself included) go elsewhere. 15$ isn't much when you factor in gas and equipment to get out ice fishing, but it's the principle of it.

If the mindset here is like most everywhere else, then the $25 fee is to discourage non-residents from using the park. So they actually want less business not more. Your only good to them when they need your money for larger issues that involve federal money so that community doesn't have to pay for it themselves.

If the mindset here is like most everywhere else, then the $25 fee is to discourage non-residents from using the park. So they actually want less business not more. Your only good to them when they need your money for larger issues that involve federal money so that community doesn't have to pay for it themselves.

That doesn't make sense to me. Bringing in non-residents into the area would have so many benefits. Non-residents that come in stop for gas, get minnows from the local bait shop, rent huts from local operators and stop by the local coffee place to grab a bite. There is no way small businesses in the area shouldn't be pushing for more "outsiders" to come to the area. Unless I'm missing something?

Thanks for posting Lovetofish. It does help some that travel there. Peter has saved allot of wasted trips there especially with the high gas prices and disappointed kids that have to go back home because the ice is not safe. It's great that he keeps us aware of safe ice and when we can make the trip. I check his site every day.

Should be more people like him.

That doesn't make sense to me. Bringing in non-residents into the area would have so many benefits. Non-residents that come in stop for gas, get minnows from the local bait shop, rent huts from local operators and stop by the local coffee place to grab a bite. There is no way small businesses in the area shouldn't be pushing for more "outsiders" to come to the area. Unless I'm missing something?

Yes you are....

Only IF you are a business owner who benefits from increased traffic from outsiders do you welcome outsiders to use said park....if you're a resident all those using "your park" is nothing more then a nuisance to you and the town that has to clean up the park.

MANY town parks here that took no Federal or State money to build said park restricts those parks to residents ONLY...nothing a outsider here can do about it but complain to the wind.

Once you get a group of town folks getting together and attending town board meetings, anything can happen....the squeaky wheel get the grease.

What us fishermen leave in Innisfil is peanuts and it benefits very few. Myself I get a coffee at Timmies for the ride back home and that's it. I know some spend more but some don't even make a coffee stop.

But when the mayor has to listen to the voters ....who each pay more in property taxes in one year then most of us will spend there in a lifetime...complain about the traffic, crowds and garbage left behind by us out of towners...who do you really think the mayor or counsel will listen too?

We are unwanted guests plain and simple. I'm not happy about it either...but that's the reality as far as I am concerned.

Just so you guys know if you know anyone who lives in innisfill they can get at many stickers as they want justask them to go to city hall with proof or residence and they give you a sticker. I hate it when i have to pay to access a lake that is as rightfully mine as someone who lives in city limits.

Not unlimited and each time you get one they keep a record of it with your taxes. I really had to come up with some good excuses last year for an extra pass.

well if anyone has any extra passes

they don't want I could use it

LOL

Talk to the Skipper, he's sending me 8 family club cards that will save me double the amount over the 4 he originally offered.....maybe he has some of those Innisfill town park passes he can send you.... :rofl2:

There you go....lovetofish did some good....they must of seen he's video... :clapping:

I think not BB

This one would be the MAIN reason,,,,,,,,,,,,Surprised you missed it.

JOP said it right.

I think you will likely see the barriers removed( or at least a few of them), Local fire/rescue personal will need a place for launching their ice rescue boats in the event of an emergency and thats the spot.

Myself I could careless if I couldnt get my machine on from this spot. Like I said,theres other places to access.

Edited by Misfish