Lake Simcoe Whities

Aaron Shirley

• 2 weeks later...

nice video Aaron ! I've actually followed your stuff for a while now, I really enjoy that you still manage to get excited over fish, no matter the size or species, unlike a lot of the other shows on WFN, most of the hosts seem to have a "oh another one..." kind of attitude. my gf Natacia works with your buddy Tony, and she thought it was cool when I told her that you've actually filmed on "our" lake (Kashagawigamog) - I look forward to taking her out on the water for some "real" fishing, compaired to Puslinch or the Grand, and hope to nab her (or my self) a couple skis :D (quick question if you don't mind, when you guys were filming, were you more towards the NE end of the lake ?)

Hey, thanks again everyone. I do enjoy fishing combined with video production. Glad you enjoyed it!

Knuguy, I am not on TV. I post videos to my YouTube channel as a hobby only.

Toad Hunter, you hit the nail on the head. They are there in the fall. Summer is a different story.

Hey Speil, I remember that day. We all got our butts kicked by that old guy that walked out 3 miles, fished for a half hour, then walked all the way back in with his limit lol. He caught more fish in a half hour than we did all day! That was amazing to watch how he jigged them with a rod in each hand so differently.

What's also amazing, is that I can remeber such fine details from a fishing trip from years back, but I can't for the life of me remember what my wife told me yesterday!

I can't agree more.... your video not only is entertaining but also very educational....that was something that years ago the In-Fishermen shows were famous for....now almost all shows on TV bore me with their product pushing bull....Keep up the nice work... :thumbsup_anim:

On a different note I REALLY enjoy smoked whitefish and consider them the BEST that can be had....however, I have heard that they are a great baking fish, although I never had them this way....I would like to hear how you guys cook them other then smoking as I always considered them a very oily fish that made them great for smoking.

Baked whitefish is really quite simple. Scaled and gutted fish with a belly slit. We love stuffing that mixes dried bread chunks, crab/ shrimp, a diced onion and melted butter . A spice mix of salt, pepper, sage and savory. Blend it and fill the cavity, then sew it up. Rub a little butter, salt and lemon juice on the body, and wrap in tinfoil.