Good Ol Grizz and I – Quick Report – Sun, Dec 18, 2011

WalleyeSlayer

Chuck and I headed out for a last kick at the can before the freeze up today. We headed out at noon from the Deseronto boat launch. We had been trolling for 2 hours into the wind up Long Reach and not a sniff on any of the lines. We turned to make our trek back midway from Sherman's Point and Huffs towards Deseronto and within 5 minutes we had our first fish on … It looked like a big fish the way it was fighting and pulling the board almost underwater. It soon surfaced and we had out first fish in the boat. A nice 11.5 pound Hawg off a Purple TD-11 biggrin.gif

DSC02150.jpg

DSC02151.jpg

We continued trolling for 2 more hours without a sniff until we were about 15 minutes from calling it a day. The board with goes back … FISH ON! It gave me an awesome fight and stayed down the whole time. I couldn't budge it at all … after a long great fight she finally surfaced boat side and she was ours. A nice 12.5 pound Hawg! biggrin.gif

DSC02152.jpg

DSC02154.jpg

Both Hawgs were successfully released unharmed and with that note we ended our day with 2 monsters in 4 hours. It was an awesome time fishing with great friends this fall season and I can't wait to hit the hardwater this season with each and every one of em!!!

Aadil canadian.gif

I was gonna make the same comment. That fish looks a lot bigger than 12.5. Scale calibration may be in order. Awesome fish guys!!!

Hold any fish 2ft from your body and it will look like a monster :) Steelhead guys do this all the time, lol!!!!

Hold any fish 2ft from your body and it will look like a monster :) Steelhead guys do this all the time, lol!!!!

Ya i was taking the "hold out" into consideration and still thought it looked bigger than 12.5 lol.

I was viewing on a phone at the time, which for some reason made it look bigger.....now that i got it up on a desktop she looks more like it.

Doesnt change my jealousy however :thumbsup_anim: