Flashers for ice fishing

vinnimon

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i use a humminbird ice 45. hell of a tool for any species in winter. marcum and vex are awesome units, but perhaps a little more expensive. at least they were when i bought mine.

as far as the flasher/finder debate, it's a moot point as long as your weapon of choice gives you results and confidence.

Since you like HB's, here's what you probably want and is well within your budget. It also has a flasher-mode so you'll essentially get both.

http://store.humminbird.com/products/356811/385ci_Combo_Portable?alt=3

There's also the GPS giving you the benefits already mentioned.

I have the non-gps version and works like a charm - and instantaneous I might add. So much in fact I think about four of my friends bought the same one after watching it during many successful Laker Chase games.

Edited by Jet

I have upgraded from an FL-8, to an FL-18 and now to an FL-22. now all I need is ice. Once I tried a Flasher there was no turning back. I also have my forward LCD fishfinder in my boat set to flasher mode.

Just for curiosity . . . what improvements has the FL22 got that the FL20 didn't have? About all I could find . . . . the FL22 only takes ya to 60', what do you do when fishin' lakers or whities in over 60' of water??

I have made my decision, and I do thank everyone for their opinions regardless. That was exactly the opinions I was looking for, godd orbadetc.

Well I think its best to get an hds7 or 8, more likely the 7. I have called around and did a slight bit of homework, price wise most place are within 50$ of the average. Now who do I buy one from ? who will beat another ones price by 10%?

The best I have come across price wise is 1099$ hds7 insight was in woodstock. Most places were 950 without the chip for a basemodel.

I have made my decision, and I do thank everyone for their opinions regardless. That was exactly the opinions I was looking for, godd orbadetc.

Well I think its best to get an hds7 or 8, more likely the 7. I have called around and did a slight bit of homework, price wise most place are within 50$ of the average. Now who do I buy one from ? who will beat another ones price by 10%?

The best I have come across price wise is 1099$ hds7 insight was in woodstock. Most places were 950 without the chip for a basemodel.

Hard to beat Jocelyn's prices. As you said anywhere else online is $950CDN for base model and I'm sure he'd try and match anything you can find.

You did lots of homework and congrats on your decision!

Go to Angling Outfitters, maybe get a little walkthrough of the unit from Joc. It'll be worth it.

They are also a sponsor of a certain event :whistling: