Fishing books

d_paluch

hey everyone

I am looking to get a couple books on tips n techniques on how to fish for bass, pike, panfish, ect., and where to find them and what to look for structure wise. I am going to be asking for these books as gifts, and have already asked for dave mercer's tip book. I wan to expand my knowledge and hopefully it will help me understand when to use what technique, ect.

Any ones in particular that you've read?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by d_paluch

While this is not a book Ontario Fishing Network is not only a great free Emagazine it also is put out by our founder/owner here T.J.Quesnel. It is packed with articles and as a bonus if you LIKE it you will be entered into a $500.00 prize raffle.

thanks T.J. for a great read and a free contest.

Art

If you like to travel to different lakes in Ontario, the fishing Mapbooks aren't too bad. If I've got some extra time on a weekend with my kayak, I'll usually pull out this book and try a new lake close by! The books are divided into regions in Ontario to make it a bit easier. They basically give you bathymetric charts, lake depths, fish species within the lake, hot baits for the lake etc.

http://www.backroadmapbooks.com/main/Fishingmapbooks.html

Cheers

that is true

but at the same time I wouldn't mind having something to read that isn't on a monitor. That and I am being hounded by family as to what I want for christmas, so why not get a couple books to help expand my fishing knowledge

X3 , EVERY THING I FIND IN MY NEW FISHERMANS ENCYCLOPEDIA I FIND HERE , YES I KNOW ITS NOT ALL IN ONE PLACE LIKE A A BOOK WOULD BE BUT WHAT TA HEC ....... ITS good.gif

^^^^^ :whistling: ^^^^^

I'll take a look tomorrow, I use to have quite a collection but I'm not sure if Sue sent them to the Library or not for their book sale. If I still have them you'd be welcome to them. There was everything there from how to make your own lures to how to make a shore lunch and tips and tricks to catching just about everything that swims. I'll let you know tomorrow.

"The Last Guide" a story about Frank Kuiack a guide in the Algonquin region, written by an Ottawa author. Great read that covers most of the 20th century. Easy read and enjoyable. Check online for places to find it.

The Mike Iaconelli Story "Fishing on the Edge", a buddy said it was pretty good. He is a tournament angler from the States.

Just a couple that might be worth checking out.

Might be nice to get away from the technique part of fishing. That stuff can get repetative.

Edited by jimmer

"The Last Guide" a story about Frank Kuiack a guide in the Algonquin region, written by an Ottawa author. Great read that covers most of the 20th century. Easy read and enjoyable. Check online for places to find it.

The Mike Iaconelli Story "Fishing on the Edge", a buddy said it was pretty good. He is a tournament angler from the States.

Just a couple that might be worth checking out.

Might be nice to get away from the technique part of fishing. That stuff can get repetative.

Loved the Last Guide

Anything by Roderick Haig Brown (founder if the tyee club)

Fish Fights is a good read -about a guy who spends 18 months fishing for a variety of salt water fish (and 1 lm bass) in florida

I got the Great Book of Bass for Christmas last year its a good reference/instruction book

Finally in my opinion anything in the In Fisherman Critical Concepts series is worth a read

Thanks guys!

Thanks for trying Big Cliff! That's an awesome gesture, I appreciate it a lot.

Thanks to everyone else! I will see what is under the tree Dec.25th, and will go from there! I might just have to grab that KVD book as well...I think the guy may know a thing or 2 about bass fishing...