bass bass bass

walleyemaster

hi guys

was just looking at pictures the other day from the fishing album and i think i have only 1 picture of a bass in it. its not because i have'nt caught many i've caught bass and big bass smallies the size of footballs.., its mostly because i hate catching bass. they are the easiest fish to catch, i sometimes for fun and to get a laugh i use a black shoelace and a hook and catch bass. oh whats that?? pound for pound they are the toughest fight, maybe but maybe not, i have tangled with some speckle trout that have pound for pound out produced a bass fight.. ive caught so many bass and big bass that it almost pissis me off when i get one on my line, especially when im targeting other fish..there so aggresive that you dont even have know how to fish in my opinion.. when i bring new people fishing , i bring them for bass so they catch a fish and have fun, i guess in this case bass are all not that bad, but they sure are easy..

yes they do fight better then walleye, but easier to catch, thats all i was saying. if i entered a tournament i would probably never catch any bass, i have just found that almost everytime i go fishing does not matter what lake. i catch a bass..its a great starter fish for kids. but as you get older you want a challange, bass was the first fish i caught in a small lake and i was hooked with fishing, now its a challenge that i look for, bass = no challange

I can get what you're saying but bass is very popular for a reason. They're very aggressive, abundant and put up a nice fight (especially smallmouths). It's also fairly inexpensive to do (well, it CAN be inexpensive), so it appeals to more people. You can buy a cheap rod & reel, grab some worms and fish off shore for LG in almost any lake, or you can be a pro in a VERY competitive tournament, or anything in between.

Since I got into musky fishing I've almost stopped fishing for bass because I wanted to try for something bigger and more difficult to catch, plus I fished for bass exclusively all my life, I wanted to try something new.

Like he said, if you are so good at catching huge bass, go make yourself a million on the bass circuit. :whistling:

Personally, I don't get the draw of walleye fishing. I have hooked 24" eyes that have all the fight of an 8" bass. There's a reason that some folks call them "boots"; but they are tasty :)

bass = no challange

Are you talking about bass or dinks my friend? Yes bas can be easy to catch...small bait live bait some days you cant keep small bass off but I never can have a day where every bass is over 3 lbs and big...To say they are the easiest to catch thats because small bass are readily available.

When I tye on a flippin jig or a scum frog and go "bass fishing" I'm not finding it easy...a half dozen morning bites is all I get sometimes and those are not small "bass" but quality fish.

Like you walleye fishing is easy....I have never caught a hundred bass in 2hrs ten ft away from my boat...but the almighty walleye please there is one lure u need and thats a jig and grub...real hard to catch ;)

OP, I feel the same way about pike. I don't enjoy eating pike.. I have, but it's so hit-or-miss. And I will handle them, but I need a chemical rinse afterwards. Here's a picture of me catching my last pike of the season, when I was actually targeting bass:

woy1_612.jpg

After musky fishing I already can tell there will be alot less bass fishing for me.

Same for me, but trout instead of musky. I am not giving up on bass entirely, but definitely spending more time going for specks and friends. (I am neither equipped nor in the correct part of the province to take up musky hunting. Some day I will give it a shot, though! (And hope it doesn't ruin trout for me.))

Haha strike a match and light the fuse. You know what is really easy? Getting bass guys going. OhFN.

Yeah, I used to be one... :P Then you showed me that walleye fishing can be not boring by pulling them in hand-over-fist.

OP, I feel the same way about pike. I don't enjoy eating pike.. I have, but it's so hit-or-miss. And I will handle them, but I need a chemical rinse afterwards. Here's a picture of me catching my last pike of the season, when I was actually targeting bass:

woy1_612.jpg

Same for me, but trout instead of musky. I am not giving up on bass entirely, but definitely spending more time going for specks and friends. (I am neither equipped nor in the correct part of the province to take up musky hunting. Some day I will give it a shot, though! (And hope it doesn't ruin trout for me.))

Yeah, I used to be one... :P Then you showed me that walleye fishing can be not boring by pulling them in hand-over-fist.

Dana, you gotta try pike the way I cook it. I bet you would change your mind :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by kuha

i personally dont like bass very much...

but they are nice for people in my boat that dont fish much... keeps em entertained between walleye...

for me when im targeting one species... any other species is anoying...

even a musky... i always think i have a giant eye on the hook... only to find out its another musky...

i do think in general... bass are easier to catch then most other popular sportfish... but it is very difficult to consistantly catch larger then average bass... i almost never target bass... and even i know how or where to get a couple all yeaer... even right now... i could go get some smallies tomorrow... not quality ones... but bass