Charges dropped for fishing off of Pier

Ron

Just an update for everyone.

I received a letter in the mail in regards to my fine for fishing in the Cobourg Harbour. They have dropped the charges as it is legal to fish where it is otherwise clearly posted.

However, the by law is under review and they are still potentially going to close the harbour to fishing.

I have a meeting set with OFAH in the following week to see if this is of interest to them as well. Once I have the meeting with OFAH, I will be setting a date to address the town council.

Cheers, Ron...

Great news Ron. Even though I'm in Quebec, this will still have some effect on fishermen's rights and I'm sure that your example will incite other fishermen across Canada to question other similar decisions made to limit the sport of fishing.

Good fight sir. Would be nice to have a couple of those kids that were originally kicked off to join you at the town council meeting. If you can't find'em maybe we could dress a few of us up if the need be. :)

Keep on, keeping on!

Good fight sir. Would be nice to have a couple of those kids that were originally kicked off to join you at the town council meeting. If you can't find'em maybe we could dress a few of us up if the need be. :)

Keep on, keeping on!

Just had a very very scarey thought , TJ and LEW dressed as the guitar player in ac/dc, beanys and all , holding Rons hand as he steps up to give his speach .

great work Ron we are losing so many shore fishing spots ,soon only people with boats and deep pockets for launch fees will be able to fish most lakes .

Thanks everyone.

I had an "on site" meeting with representatives from OFAH today. It went very well. This is of great interest to them as well and are going to carry on with me to ensure there is fishing within the harbour of Cobourg! For anyone who is in fishing clubs, talk to your chair members to see if a letter of encouragement could be written up showing the positive reasons for having kids getting an interest in fishing. I think the town council has forgotten they were kids once too.

Cheers, Ron...

The Rice Lake Fishing Festival and the Bridgenorth Winter Panfish Festival will be writing letters of support. With over 2000 kids attending our free events last year to enjoy fishing with their family and friends, I hope it means something to them.

It is in everyone's interest to have our youth engaged in positive activities with their families instead of standing around a street corner or at home on a computer.

Edited by Michael Brown