Esox, musky, pike

GbayGiant

Well, I seen these pics on one of those other sites. :D Thought is was interesting because last year I witnessed a musky eat a large seagull off the serface of the water and I thought I was hallucinating but a friend told me the next day that he seen a floating musky with a seagull wing sticking out of her mouth. ( they choke on seagulls, with all the bones )

Here is an example of what a little Pike can do, so imagine what a 50lbs musky can eat. :w00t: Keep your small dogs and infants out of big musky water. :lol:

gallery_322_145_1171.jpg

gallery_322_145_12039.jpg

A long time ago while fishing Nippissing with my older brother we saw a seagull get hit , water and feathers everywhere. The seagull rolled over and there was a big bite out of the side, my brother looked at me and said one word, "MUSKY". I will never forget seeing that.

A long time ago while fishing Nippissing with my older brother we saw a seagull get hit , water and feathers everywhere. The seagull rolled over and there was a big bite out of the side, my brother looked at me and said one word, "MUSKY". I will never forget seeing that.
Good, I'm not the only one to see such a thing. :D

The one I seen, it took three hits and a lot of screaming and feathers flying before the musky finally submerged the bird. Nature at it's finest, I bet the musky didn't expect it to be her last meal though.

That looks like a young cormorant in that pike. I once saw a good sized pike come 3 feet out of the water and take a swallow that was chasing bugs. Don't know how he coordinated a hit on that fast moving bird but he nailed it right out of mid air.

Wow...thats very interesting,and i know its well documented about musky and pike eating small ducks and other birds i have heard pete mania talk about them also eating muskrats and other rodents and reptiles as well i guess they also eat water snakes too....they sure can have big apetites cant they..??? thanks for posting that report cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::clapping:

I used to work at a resort and they had a duck pond. Each year the swans would have Signets sp? and apparently there was a massive snapping turtle that would take them all the time. I remember seeing around six of them, next day five and so on usually only 1 or 2 survived.