Musky with the daughter

Handlebarz

Well we finally got on the water together and put a couple fish in the boat what a beautiful day it was from the start the first one my daughter got trolling it was first thing in the am and smashed the Jake it was a easy un hook of the back hook and CPR away it went and we were fishing again.The picture was blurry as I had forgotten my big tripod and had to use my small one and put it in the wrong spot on the boat Oh well it still tuned out some what.

49d91324.jpg

a8c4e618.jpg

The second Ski of the day cam e later on when we were casting LSC Jade had asked me to show her how to do the figure 8 again so I was explaining it to her (she was having trouble as she was using a top raider) I was showing her how to do the first turn when I saw the ski come up and inhale my Double 10 LSC special color the fight was on and I was "winning" this fish did not want to see me but it was not going to win the battle Jade got the net ready and passed it off to me what a pain in the arse to net a ski with a 9' rod I got the job done and felt the adrenaline flowing and was ready to have a better look at her. she was deep hooked I could not even get to the hook with my cutters as she had all three points of the 5/0 in her mouth I just cut the wire of my bait and was able to get her mouth open the surgery was easy from there with no damage to her.She was 47" and thick after a quick pic that Jade took I let her go she swam away strong to come back next year.

980260c9.jpg

here is the bait after I cut it up, I bent the wire so that the beads would stay on and not get all over the boat. I know a guy who will rebuild it for me for next weekend.

a64b169f.jpg

What a great thanksgiving day to top it off we had turkey and the wife's home made pumpkin pie and carrot cake nothing gets better (well steak instead of turkey)

thanks everyone I sure do love to spend time with my daughter chasing musky I know she will be back out with me this season as she is a die hard musky hunter. She did get a bit of a shower when a musky jumped out of the water to attack a bait that was running right beside the boat just 24" from the rod tip I wish I had saw the look on her face when it first happened not after it splashed her.

Edited by Mike P.

Mike we were just casting and she was having trouble with her figure 8 with the top raider so she asked me what she was doing wrong I told her to watch me and also explained I had a 9' rod not like her 7' and it was easier for me but continued to show her what to do and then that cast I had the musky come from under the boat to inhale the bait.

John you more then right there it was great to get out even if it was just a few hours I had my lucky shirt lucky hat and best fishing partner. (sorry Brian your still out)

Joey it was amazing I was thinking you should have been down here to get some of that sun rise it was crazy awesome (what ever that means)

Great report....much better than the last one whistling.gif

That first pic is amazing of you and your daughter....looks like a fake background....just incredible. Can't beat time together with family in a setting like that...thanks for sharing it with us

Lew that was my first official figure 8 musky it was a long way from years ago fishing with you when I had my first follow :blahblah1:

As most know here I love getting time out with my little girl we sure do have a blast getting them musky was extra fun for the day. I had my lucky shirt my lucky hat (dad gave it to me when I was 11 yes I had a big head then also) and my favorite lucky fishing partner.

Johnny your right on the better times on Monday.

Thanks for the kind words all I hope there are more reports to come this fall as its just getting heated up here. The lake looks awesome with stained water and lots of hungry fish