Caught me my first steehead

misfish

It wasnt a biggn,but man do they fight.

I heeded the advise from my last post. Rod up high,let the rod do the fighting.For a little fella,he sure did put up a fight.AMAZING aerial jumps.I used my palm to controll the reel.I found this worked well for me.Oh, Im so hooked on these pink an orange worms. Who would of thunk it.

steel006.jpg

How did ya make out?

I didn't go home unsatisfied :whistling:...But in some cases, the 5lb Maxima leaders I was using got violated by big, cartwheeling, tailwalking, logjam diving bars of steel in ways I never thought were possible :(

Edited by MJL

I didn't go home unsatisfied :whistling:...But in some cases, the 5lb Maxima leaders I was using got violated by big, cartwheeling, tailwalking, logjam diving bars of steel in ways I never thought were possible :(

Glad you did well. I hate retying,logjams and down trees love my terminal tackle.LOL

Brian, gotta work on that gill hold :) I realize they are slippery buggers, get yourself a cotton glove or similar. Makes it a lot easier to hold on to them.

I just hook the plate Bill.Never touch the gills.It swam away just as healthy as it was never caught.I hear ya. I have seen your pics along with others from here. Will do. Thanks.