I use to hunt ducks and geese years ago...

lookinforwalleye

Saw numerous hunters taking shots at geese that were at least 250 yards high, seen numerous idiots drive their tinnies through the rice to make the birds take flight and then start firing at the birds.

Needless to say I found myself another spot to fish didn`t feel like getting shot by one of the :asshat:

The local co would have had a field day if he had parked his butt by the weed bed by the park.

Ten years ago me and buddy were casting a nice little bay one evening when a hunter in his camo boat came into the bay, pulled up beside me and told me to get out of "his" bay because he wanted to kill some birds from there and I was in his way.

I told him it wasn't polite to order folks around and seeing as he was such a jerk we may just hang around till the sun went down, which we did.

He got mad and left but as he was going past me I told him that next time he wanted to hunt an area and someone was already there before him, a change in attitude and maybe a "please" may get him a bit more co-operation.

Folks with attitude problems shouldn't own guns.

Gord, A few years ago, I was fishing in the swampy area just South of the boat canal with a Buddy and his young son. We had just noticed some decoys and even a few motorized ones bobbing around with a few real geese, when all of a sudden three yahoos come blasting their way into the area in a 12 foot tinny. The boat was still under full power when they all started shooting horizontally across the water!! I couldn't believe it! If anyone had of been on the other side of some tall rice there, they would have been shot!

That was enough to keep me out of that area! I hardly ever fished in there anyways, but never after that during hunting season!

Sportsmen, huh? LOL

You can expect all the yahoos out on opening weekend. I'm as hardcore as they come when it comes to waterfowl, but I skip opening day. I will be in the marsh mid week, when I have it all to myself, and the birds aren't scared to death by all the shooting!!

Give it a week or two, and you will only see the more hardcore waterfowlers out there.

S.

There is always going to be idiots in every sport.

The idiot hunters are just more noticable cuz they make a lot of noise.

I've come into my hunting spots and have had fisherman there. I have no problem waiting for them to finish casting that bay, or I'll set up in another spot and wait for them to leave..