St. Lawrence River musky trip

lew

Like we do every September, Squid and I headed down to look for a musky on the St. Lawrence River (Lake St. Francis) near Cornwall.

The weather was fantastic all 3 days and we were able to fish in shorts & T-shirts which is pretty darned good for the end of September.

I landed 3 muskies and Pete lost one near the boat, then I had another one blow up on my bait beside the boat but couldn't stick her.

We met Musky Mike and his bud on the water yesterday morning and shot the bull with them for awhile.

Got home last night after a fun couple days.

I seldom take musky pics anymore so you'll just have to take my word for it :lol:

Well I'll take your word for it Lew :thumbsup_anim:

Pictures would have been nice tho, even of scenery, you and Pete, etc. Just so we could live vicariously through your story of your trip :)

Glad you had a good time bud! Looking forward to seeing you soon :clapping:

it was nice meeting you boys out there on sunday...

it was a real hit and miss bite lately...we had a really hard time this weekend... Saturday especially... 10 follows...no fish... you boys got a skunk too... but my other friend... 4 by noon... 54" 45" 45" 35"... what the heck? and tuesday we got 3 in 2-3 hours...

i guess thats fall musky for ya... windows......

Glad to here you guys had a great time again maybe next time Pete will get a better guide to get some fish in the boat for him :sleeping_02:

We had some nice weather down here this weekend and I managed to get out with Slow Poke and another buddy as a good guide I let Terry catch the fish :whistling:

Looking forward to seeing the crew here again

It's a massive body of water Larry and I've got no problem sharing it with everyone else. I just wish when their flying down the lake at 75 MPH and I'm trolling, they give me more than 50' clearance when the lake is several miles wide.

thanks for the update Lew, sounds like you got into a few fish (and sounds like Pete got to enjoy your company!)It'll be your turn next Pete, always seems to be like that in my boat too. If I'm getting them my buddy won't, and if he's on I'm usually off. Funny thing this musky fishing

I'll take your word for it. While I was waterfowl hunting on the Larry this weekend coming back we saw a couple of muskies close to our boat feeding or whatever on the surface. Pretty cool sight to see.

You're lucky you got to wear shorts. I was dying of heat having to be camoed up.