Whats causing this.......

misfish

As I was heading out to go fishing,the truck ran normal.Stopped at timmies,get back in and start it up.It,s got a bit of a putting sound.Go to drive away and it,s like it was running on 5 cylinders.As I keep going and shifting gears,it,s still doing it.Then all of a sudden it,s running normal.I stop again,shut it off.Check the oil and it,s fine.Check for a loose plug wire,thier fine.Start it up again and it,s acting up again.Drive back home,and I feel it jug abit then it,s running normal again. Am I looking at maybe a oil pump? All the gauges seemed fine.Bad plug is what Im hopeing.

As I was heading out to go fishing,the truck ran normal.Stopped at timmies,get back in and start it up.It,s got a bit of a putting sound.Go to drive away and it,s like it was running on 5 cylinders.As I keep going and shifting gears,it,s still doing it.Then all of a sudden it,s running normal.I stop again,shut it off.Check the oil and it,s fine.Check for a loose plug wire,thier fine.Start it up again and it,s acting up again.Drive back home,and I feel it jug abit then it,s running normal again. Am I looking at maybe a oil pump? All the gauges seemed fine.Bad plug is what Im hopeing.

Its up set that your the only one who ever gets the Tims Brian ....lol , sounds like maybe the fuel pump is starting to let go .

Tighten the gas cap.

Went out and unsrewed the cap and snapped it back on.Start up and it was noraml.Drove around the lot and it didnt putter at all :whistling:

Thanks Rob

sounds more like a malfunctioning fuel injector to me. My buddies van use to do this all the time.

Vance I just had the ejectors and throttle body cleaned out.

I,ll hit part sourse later today and see whats up.

Brian check the the coil pack, Ford uses a sealed six wire pack. With the heat in the summer they expand and get small cracks in them, once the moisture gets in there and it then freezes in the winter they split open and more moisture gets in there. The engine will run fine, then like crap. As soon as the moisture evaporates from it it will run fine until it rains again, then it starts all over again. I replaced mine myself and bought the O.E.M part and solved all the problems. You wouldn't believe how cracked that unit was. This problem occurs on most Ford vehicles, but is an easy and quick fix as it only takes about a half hour (takes almost as much time to find the damn thing!).

Hope this helps,

Rob