Best knots

Pickeral eater

I guys just wanted to know what you would use to connect braided to flour leader. Was thinking about just using swivel to join the two but have been reading up on double uni knots. Just wondering the strength and if this is the only way to join the two. I recently switched over to braid (going to try It out for first time next week) and don't want to lose fish to inferior knots.

Thanks

Bill

uni-uni here too. I just take 2 or 3 more wraps with the braid around the floro leader to make sure it holds and still no prob. it's not too bad to tie in the wind if you can duck down or turn your back then. just wet the braid a bit so it's less likely to blow around in the wind. that works for me...

There are dozens of very good line to line / line to leader knots out there. Most are reasonably easy to tie. What is the best knot for me might not be the best for you. For example, the double uni is an excellent knot for joining two lines but put me out in a boat in the late fall and with the wind and numb fingers I'll never be able to tie one. Look at the link below, bookmark it under "fishing tips" or somesuch and when you have the time, go through them and find which one you're comfortable with. All of the knots listed are good but if you can't tie them properly in the fishing conditions you're in, they're useless. Practice your chosen knots at home 'til they become second nature. Just remember that while you're out fishing you won't always be in ideal conditions.

Here's the link: http://www.netknots.com/html/fishing_knots.html

There are a couple good sites that will demonstrate how to tie, and the purpose of each knot. For joining two lines of the same size uni to uni works quite well. I find though if I'm running higher then 12-15lb leaders that a uni to uni will give at the knot. I'm practicing with new knots and the albright special seems to be a good knot and slips through the guides a lot easier then a uni to uni and can be tied with 2 lines of different diameter. Although the Six-turn Yucatan knot is supposed to be the strongest and is still smaller then the uni to uni.

http://www.netknots.com/html/fishing_knots.html