My first SKI!!!!

mattp33

If you want more muskies Pigeon is the place to go. Good for you on hooking one.

Putting those little Pigeon muskies flat on a carpeted floor is perhaps most detrimental to them as you remove their protective slime. Boga grips also tend to extend their vertabrae causing further problems despite hammering big hooks in them for capture.

A big musky net or cradle and leaving the fish in water while removing hook helps a lot.

Good luck in the future. :Gonefishing:

It looks like its on the vinyl on his main floor... And not carpet on his

deck...

But good advice...

And...how do you guys feel about the boga grip? Should I be using a cradle or net? I am more that often alone in the boat so a net may be tricky. (but so was the boga)

Net. You only have 2 hands, and a cradle needs both of them, so where are you going to put your rod, and how are you going to hold the fish while you unhook.

Good job Matt nice ski.

I wouldn't recommend a boga grip. I tried to use one for Pike in the spring and all that did was loose me fish (and lures after getting wrapped) Those fish just shake way to much and put a lot of stress on them selves and the boga.

As for lures, scan the classifieds and kijiji. You can find some good deals especially when purchasing lots.

I dont see a ruined thread, i see people expressing thier opinions.And sometimes people make mistakes in thier observations or assumptions.

I had another member who pointed out that my Walleye pics had 9 fish in it, 1 over the limit.He appologized soon after finding out that there were 3 licensed anglers on the boat, and withdrew his comment.I accepted this and we are still friends.

What i see is 2 people experiencing a personality conflict and should steer clear of eachother in here.

Happens all the timedunno.gif even in the real world.

So lets not get our knickers in a knot, and congratulate Matt for his first Musky.

I know i did.......

logic bomb! lol

Congrats, for a second time, on your first ski! Great looking fish